*WANTED* Mercedes Actros Drivers

*This post has been “Ok’d” by Rikki-UK
I am looking for drivers of the New Mercedes Actros 4 to help with a bona fide piece of market research… We need to interview 6 drivers who all drive this kind of HGV but it has to be the new design with the curved headlights and a cab width of 2.5 Metres… The interview will last approximately 60 minutes and can be conducted at any location suitable to the driver, so if a driver is on their way back from a run and can stop this would be perfect as we need to conduct the interview in and around the cab…We will provide an incentive of £100 as a thank you. This is fairly urgent as we would like to be able to complete the interviews with in the next couple of weeks. The research is being conducted for a major manufacturer and will be treated as strictly confidential… please contact - Rachel Broxham, KGS Ltd, 01964 535181 or rachel.broxham@kgs.co.uk, Thank you very much!

Ah! seems it hasn’t taken too long for MB to start panicking over sales,£100 I don’t mind lying through my teeth and I don’t even drive one,too many bad memories with MB.

best truck I ever drove ? engine was ■■■■ but when you live in your cab all week all I was bothered about was comfort this truck gave me what I needed plenty of storage plenty of off duty space and a comfy bed …

I’ve been given the keys to a new one just this week…love the big cab, flat floor, high driving position and it drives nicely too.

I’m very impressed with it so far !!! :slight_smile:

markoc:
I’ve been given the keys to a new one just this week…love the big cab, flat floor, high driving position and it drives nicely too.

I’m very impressed with it so far !!! :slight_smile:

So will you will be having a free £100 then ?

Is anybody willing or able to help with this - PLEASE :smiley:

I would have helped but I’m on the sick so can’t help sorry.

No worries, get well soon! Do you know of anyone else? :slight_smile:

Foxybroxy RELAX, as the official representative of all Mercedes drivers I am willing to assist but you should be aware these superior drivers are a little bit more expensive
than you may think.Our standard charges are as follows,the initial cost without film and the driver telling the truth is £200, to lie a little bit the cost increases to £250 and
for the full ‘Monty’ including total bull wotsit the price increases to £350.A package can be offered, all 6 drivers lying to an incredible level and with a photoshoot a total cost
of £1600 plus vat.plus expenses.Would you not prefer Iveco Stralis drivers who come a great deal cheaper or the absolute rock bottom, Stobart’s worn out TV stars,now on
the scrap heap of life.Do get in touch soonest,prices rise daily.

Armagedon, thank you for your response, unfortunately on this occassion I need to find drivers of the MB Actros…no filming just a 60 min interview on the likes and dislikes of the cab… :slight_smile:

Ah! foxybroxy you didn’t make it clear that the interviews would last 60 mins this moves your requirement onto our extended time schedule at an increased cost.One
assumes that for a 60 minute interview on the New Actros cab you will require drivers with a speech defect which then moves us onto the handicap schedule,are you
sure Mercedes budget is likely to stretch that far.

Armagedon:
Ah! foxybroxy you didn’t make it clear that the interviews would last 60 mins this moves your requirement onto our extended time schedule at an increased cost.One
assumes that for a 60 minute interview on the New Actros cab you will require drivers with a speech defect which then moves us onto the handicap schedule,are you
sure Mercedes budget is likely to stretch that far.

Leave her alone you meaney lol. Ill happily pretend I drove one for your £100 though :slight_smile:.

:smiley: The interview needs to take place in and around the cab! :smiley:

Ah! ‘in’ and around the cab. ‘In’ will actually require drivers to climb steps which may be wet this does raise Health & Safety issues and your insurance coverage, with of course
danger money which will also be required if drivers are interviewed ‘around’ the cab,you never know who may be passing.I do on my books have a cheaper option, 6 East European
drivers who stutter,this should fulfil the 60 mins. required for the interview.

I’ll bear that in mind Armagedon!!! :laughing:

foxybroxy…bear… that will involve an extra payment for naked interviewing not that my members will mind indeed some might actually pay to be involved.Will you
be bear yourself while doing the interview?

Er foxy thingy.
Are you foxy?
If so proof is needed in the way of a photo.
Then I may help.
If this is on behalf of Mercedes, does this mean the solo cab may become an option if we tell you how poised off we are that we cannot buy a right hand drive version ?

Why don’t you just approach the operators of several vehicles and ask if you can interview some of their drivers? If you are going to delay a driver for an hour you are going to need his employer’s permission, unless of course it hasn’t occurred to you that he might be sacked for time wasting. Who has registered one of these vehicles will be easy enough to find out - in fact you should know this anyway.

Are you just trying to do this on the cheap? or are you in reality wanting to slag off the new Actros because your customer is not MB at all?

My place Browns/Turners run a whole fleet of them (90+ wagons) at Bicker Bar Lincolnshire, why not ring and ask if you can come on site and speak with the drivers? IMO they are an amazing piece of kit and if I was given one of the few DAF’s/Scania’s we have I would be really disappointed. The drive is fantastic, gear change almost as good as the Volvo/Renault, bed is good with the raised head feature a big +. Good air con, good night heater that comes out of all the air vents not just a pipe. Plenty of power points inc 12v. We average around 12mpg and its heavyish work, usually 30-44tonne. Only thing that I think could be better is the bed isn’t as good as a daf for comfort, also can be a little sluggish on Aeconomy mode, also when fully loaded it feels under powered although that’s more down to engine spec by my co than merc.