PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean the Volvo is Asfordby Storage from the village of Asfordby near Melton Mowbray
They’re still going strong they used to do a lot of work for Pedigree Petfoods
When I was at Stirlands we had regular work out of Pedigree in Melton and would often load out of Asfordby Storage
They still run a few old but smart FH12 Volvos along side some newer Merc Actros,s
Nearly 30 years later I deliver meat products to a butchers smack opposite their yard
I go every Thursday I’ll take a few photos and pop them on here
Cheers Gary

Nice to hear that a company featured from the 1970’s is still going Gary. :smiley:

Thanks for the info chap,30 years where does time go ! Look forward to seeing the pics. :wink:

robthedog:
“DEANB”

Stennetts Scania bulker. Dont remember having one on before anyone know where they are based ■■

Hi Dean

Stennetts are from Bury St Edmunds
I think that Renault is probably Ex Dominos pizza

Thanks for the info Rob. :smiley:

Bewick:

gazsa401:
Hey up Dean the Volvo is Asfordby Storage from the village of Asfordby near Melton Mowbray
They’re still going strong they used to do a lot of work for Pedigree Petfoods
When I was at Stirlands we had regular work out of Pedigree in Melton and would often load out of Asfordby Storage
They still run a few old but smart FH12 Volvos along side some newer Merc Actros,s
Nearly 30 years later I deliver meat products to a butchers smack opposite their yard
I go every Thursday I’ll take a few photos and pop them on here
Cheers Gary

In the early 70’s we used to do the odd load or so ex Asfordby Storage back up to our area and this is a shot of two Pet Foods loads parked in Milnthorpe and IIRC one was destined for Whitehaven and the other going to Barrow-in-Furness both to Cash and Carry firms which are long gone as the Super Markets wiped them out ! Cheers Bewick.

Nice pic of sheeted loads Dennis. :smiley: You forget about the old cash & carry places from years ago. :wink:

longpod:
The foden s80 with greedy boards is a firm from east sussex im sure , they use load out of derbyshire pits and coalite and rexco plants , they were two tone green with a red stripe the name was telecombe or something like that always tidy rhey had a haulmaster as well i think

Thanks for the info “longpod”. :wink: I think we may have one on before as it looks like two T’s on the door,maybe someone will recognise the
blown up pic.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
A.E.Costin’s were bought out few years ago by Sheldon and Clayton and Harry Price are from Telford, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the details Pete,seem to remember Costin’s run a Bedford fleet years ago. :wink:

Richard8:
“gazsa401” “Bewick”

In the early 70’s we used to do the odd load or so ex Asfordby Storage back up to our area and this is a shot of two Pet Foods loads parked in Milnthorpe and IIRC one was destined for Whitehaven and the other going to Barrow-in-Furness both to Cash and Carry firms which are long gone as the Super Markets wiped them out ! Cheers Bewick.

Hiya Dennis
Earnie Dolby was the Boss and I think his son took over when Earnie retired
I can’t remember his name
Thanks Gary

His name was Michael Dolby , his dad Ernie started the business from scratch and was a driver but his son always seemed more interested in buying and selling plant. Round the back of the Melton yard was lots of bits and bobs. I used to drive for their Peterborough depot doing the dry dog food out of the now defunct Peterborough factory.
I remember a few of the Melton drivers names as they were all good lads. John Sims Bob Sims? Lofty Burrows (Rip) Lol Brown , John Smith, Barry Scratchard and his dad (?) Martin , Dave Dolby. Les Wright and Colin.
The trucks always had two pictures of Alsatian dogs on the grill, I saw a documentary on the Melton factory on channel five that showed P596 BAY shunting still. I think that they still have my old girl M365 BFE as well.

Thanks for the input “Richard8” any pics of the old trucks ■■ :smiley: