Who you seen working?

I wonder just how much correlation there is between Employee and Employer when it comes to “Joint Appetite for Risk”…?

Non-gamblers obviously hate their superiors taking what they perceive as “risks on their joint behalf”…

I guess that would make sense if a boss said something like “I’ve put what amounts to a week’s wages on a horse, and you and me now go halves on it, so I’ll deduct half the cost of that wager from your own wages, half from mine”…Imagine the uproar if you’re not a gambler. Makes perfect sense to object to that, even if you ARE a gambler…

BUT… in Real Life, I’m hearing objections from the non-gambler types like “We’ve bet every horse in the race, so we’re guarnteed a return” - and it turns out that “Fear of small loss” is as great as “Fear of total loss” as per the initial example above.

Not all “Gambles” have to be “All or Nothing” is my point.

Already we’re being forced to gamble with “small losses and liabilities on the line” as it were…
How much of your time has been wasted for you this week by being forced to queue to buy food?
How much of your time has been wasted being forced to dis-infect stuff with “disenfectant” that instead of being effective isopropyl alcohol based is actually “don’t get this stuff on your hands”, making it redundant as an actual disinfectant before you start?

Then measure it up with:
How much more quickly are you making the commute to work in the quiet traffic
along with
How few regular spring-time coughs and sneezes are you now NOT going to get because the six-foot gap thing is at least protecting you from that to a certain extent…?

The “Non Gambler” - just plods along, letting others make all the decisions for them, including any bad ones.
The “Calculated Risk Taker” - will try and swing it so that maximum exposure to the UPSIDE is achieved, with as much side-stepping of the downsides as possible…

It is a lifestyle no longer a “social disorder to avoid” from now on, I would humbly suggest…

I’ll buy my food from places I don’t have to queue, even if it means paying corner shop prices for that “avoided wasted time”. What I lose in paying over the odds - I gain by not wasting my time @ whatever amount per hour one might want to put on it. If you now spend 5-6 hours per week queing for food, because you’re too stingy to pay over the normal odds price-wise - then if your time is worth say, £10ph then you’ve wasted fifty quid to save a few pennies on your shop, most of the time. I’ll “Risk” that extra layout in order to definitely save myself on wasted time, which has a measurable value to it. I pick and CHOOSE my risk/reward ratio, which sets the gambler’s odds in their own advantage. If I see a small queue for a shop I know is dearer than the cheapest, but nowhere near the most expensive - I’ll obviously “trade somewhere in between”. It is a judgement call based on my ability to take a calculated risk essentially. Non-Gamblers would be well-advise to change their mindsets, rather than just throwing their hard-earned away by needlessly wasting money slowly and imperceptively standing around in queues when there are really better things to spend small amounts on give-to-gain style, if you will…

Chuck a tiny bit of a mild disenfectant in with the laundry so that you’ve got that extra germ barrier all about you, but it is not strong enough to make you stink of disinfectant.
Refuse to use “Sanitizers” that are clearly “Germ Banks” because the agent being used doesn’t work, the handle is all covered with aggregated germs, but the agent inside is “don’t get this on your sensetive skin” - WTF??
The ones that DO work - are these ones. You dispose of the entire unit when it is empty…

Hand Sanitizer.jpg