Are you a key worker?

Ok, this time I’ve obscured the naughty word… :unamused:

I’ve got a letter from my work from March telling all how much of a keyworker I was/am so that I can carry on driving the bosses trucks and warning him money/delivering essential bits and bobs.

Come to think of it i can’t even remember what I was delivering back then :laughing: Would’ve been utter non essential garbage of some sort apart from the odd very rare load of hand sanitiser.

But yeah all essential stuff clearly.

I had a bet on here in lockdown with our famous fridge engineer.
Think it was along the lines of 20 quid to each other’s favourite charity.
He reckoned the new found appreciation and respect for us (if it ever was) would last when lockdown finished,.I disagreed.
Only the other day while on a back road in Devon I got the horns blasting and coffee shaker gesture off a guy I held up for all of 5 minutes.
I also came up against a badly parked car in Bruton and I had the town gridlocked until he moved it over…
One Herbert made exaggerated self important gestures whilst stood in the middle of the road videoing me with his phone, presumably to send footage to my firm for going through the weight limit (except for access) zone (no choice btw due to low bridge at Wanstrow)
…I hope he got the bit recorded properly of my suggestion to him of ramming his phone up his jacksey. :imp:

Point is key workers my arse, they still hate us.
Help For Heroes will be 20 quid better off if (can’t for the life of me remember his username :unamused: ) keeps his part of the deal.

As a 4x4 driving, ocean polluting world destroyer, until it snows, and I become a hero for ferrying nurses and saving kittens, I can assure you we will very quickly be recognised as the scum we are by the general public.

robroy:
I had a bet on here in lockdown with our famous fridge engineer.
Think it was along the lines of 20 quid to each other’s favourite charity.
He reckoned the new found appreciation and respect for us (if it ever was) would last when lockdown finished,.I disagreed.
Only the other day while on a back road in Devon I got the horns blasting and coffee shaker gesture off a guy I held up for all of 5 minutes.
I also came up against a badly parked car in Bruton and I had the town gridlocked until he moved it over…
One Herbert made exaggerated self important gestures whilst stood in the middle of the road videoing me with his phone, presumably to send footage to my firm for going through the weight limit (except for access) zone (no choice btw due to low bridge at Wanstrow)
…I hope he got the bit recorded properly of my suggestion to him of ramming his phone up his jacksey. :imp:

Point is key workers my arse, they still hate us.
Help For Heroes will be 20 quid better off if (can’t for the life of me remember his username :unamused: ) keeps his part of the deal.

Yep your spot on,Remember going down A1 past Doncaster and people on the bridges waving and clapping,went down A38 from M1 down to Lichfield and there was 5 different sets of people clapping and waving one Sunday,only hand gestures you get now is the coffee shaker or the breadsticks :unamused:.
At least We got some free Coffees from Moto and even though some people moan about them(Moto) they didn’t have to give us them…

Yorkielad:
Remember going down A1 past Doncaster and people on the bridges waving and clapping,went down A38 from M1 down to Lichfield and there was 5 different sets of people clapping and waving one Sunday,only hand gestures you get now is the coffee shaker or the breadsticks :unamused:.

That’s true.

When the supermarket shelves emptied in March a woman on another forum I use started a thread called “HGV Drivers…” and when I clicked on it the first post simply said “thank you”. So I killed it immediately by telling her that ordinarily I bet she cuts them up, carves up their inside at roundabouts, etc, and perhaps she could appreciate them forever. Then I expressed scepticism that she actually would. I got a polite PM form a moderator warning me for that :laughing:

Fast forward to about June and my forecast came true.

robroy:

UKTramp?

The-Snowman:

robroy:

UKTramp?

That’s the man…cheers for that.
I’m out of my misery now. :smiley:
Senility is starting to kick in. :laughing:

Timpsons staff are all key workers!

Boom boom OK I’ll get my coat now and sod off. [emoji12]

According to my letter to show police if needed during first lockdown im a Healthineer (Health Engineer) as I deliver/move medical trailers, I always joke to my mates “Im off to work to save lives”, like a doctor :laughing: :wink: