Accidents this week

I used to think a lot of the accidents on the road were due to the amount of traffic on the road. This week I have been country wide and the roads have been a dream, especially the M25 and London and yet still there has been roll overs and shunts all over the place. You have got to worry about the quality of driving.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

The stats always say it’s speed, tiredness and distraction which cause the majority of incidents.

With LGV’s tiredness is probably the biggest factor, especially for night trunkers.

I just started my HGV career 3 weeks ago so I suspect it is probably the best March in history to be a new HGV driving on the roads (other than the work drying up obviously), especially this last week. Being the pessimistic type I do look at most of the cars on the road and think, was that journey REALLY essential? I have the same thoughts as you on the accidents, I wonder if some folk are just paying less attention because there is less traffic as well. I definitely still see the idiots out there!

Yesterday I was coming home from the depot and while going through a 50 zone with camera and in my rearview mirror I saw a bloke in a Scania artic who must have been no more than 6ft behind a fiesta. I suppose at least he was keeping his ‘social distance’ but I’m afraid this is exactly how a lot of these accidents are happening. For no good reason, I will add that he was from the eastern European area and probably just got off the ship at Harwich (I’m foreign myself so I’m allowed to make that comment :laughing: ).

I had my first night out this week with a return trip up to Newcastle Wed/Thus and I was reminded how beautiful the countryside here can be, so much better from the higher vantage point as well.

Keep safe folks!

The road back to my yard was closed the other day. Police everywhere, air ambulance. Fire crews.

bump on the M1 early this morning southbound in the roadworks section not certain but looked like a Tuffnell’s wag and drag and a smashed up car :frowning: