The Foden 2 Stroke Engine

gingerfold:
Dennis, I thought it would stir a bit of controversial banter to take our minds off other things at the moment. I’ll paraphrase the saying “if it looks right it is right” to “if it sounds nice it is nice”. How anyone thinks that those howling banshee 2 stroke engines of any make sounds nice… then they must have a serious hearing defect. We’ll have Carryfast here in a minute on about the Detroit thingy… unless he’s still busy writing his conspiracy theory about the reasons for the Coronavirus. :confused: :confused:

To be fair I think that it’s all horses for courses and a 12 v 71 or even a 6v92 actually have just as nice harmonics of a four engined Lancaster under takeoff power as shown at the end of the Freightliner vid which I posted.While I can also appreciate the sound of a highly strung Italian V12 car engine or t a lesser extent a big block US V8 at both ends of its revs spectrum.While an old BMC C series 6 pulling at 3,000 rpm is also one of the sweetest sounds known to man just like a Rolls or 14 litre ■■■■■■■ can be lugging at 1,400 rpm.But not so keen generally on multiples of 4 cylinders.

As you’ll see I have no single conspiracy ‘theory’ regards the Chinese virus.But I do think that the Chinese military having something to do it with for nefarious reasons is ahead. :wink: