PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

ArcDaz:
Hello Dean glad to here that Paul met up with Mark last week and came up trumps with more old truck pics i am looking forward to seeing on this thread hopefully there will be some different pics of Routemans etc etc that i have not seen before. The ARC Foden tipper is a great shot All the very best for now Regards Daz :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for your comments Daz,glad you liked the Foden. The only people that have ever seen these pics are Mark,Paul and me so
you definately wont have seen them before chap. :smiley: :wink:

windrush:
Leyland looks like one of Wrekin Constructions from Shifnal, we use to run to their tarmac gangs and they were good lads. No longer trading now though.

Pete.

Thanks for the name Pete. :wink:

beaver 680:
Hi Dean.
That article about Hancocks trout scania brought back memories to me,i have been retired 18 years i worked for BOC margam S Wales we delivered liquid oxygen to him his tank is the grey one on the headboard it only took a squirt,he always gave us some fresh trout,smashing chap.
regards Tony.

Its great when people see things they remember Tony,glad it brought back some good memories. :smiley:

Heres anoher article about the fella ! :wink:

Click on pages twice to read.

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
I’m sure the Atki is one of Mervyn Appleby’s, Cheer’s Pete

I dont know how you remembered that one Pete :smiley: Me and Paul could not make that one out but i reckon you
are spot on after looking at these two. Has the same initials on the front. :wink:

This is the same motor as the black and white one.

paulgee applebys1.jpg

paulgee applebys.jpg

oiltreader:
Christian Salvesen Volvo F86. Anyone know where the pic was taken ■■?
Hi Dean, I googled Evans Estate Agents to find they had offices in Northfield, Kings Norton and Weoley Castle, narrows it down a bit. pyewacket947v is well genned up on Christian Salvesen motors he might know.
Brill photos the old black and white.
Oily

Thanks for the comments Oily, i dont know if the F86,Foden and Atki pics were all taken in the same town or seperate places
to be honest chap. I have always liked black & white pics. :smiley:

gingerfold:

oiltreader:
Christian Salvesen Volvo F86. Anyone know where the pic was taken ■■?
Hi Dean, I googled Evans Estate Agents to find they had offices in Northfield, Kings Norton and Weoley Castle, narrows it down a bit. pyewacket947v is well genned up on Christian Salvesen motors he might know.
Brill photos the old black and white.
Oily

There was an Evans and Evans estate agents in Stafford…

I think one of the pics was Stafford Graham as i have just seen a pic of a Guy that has a sign pointing to RAF Stafford. :smiley: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
it could well be the Bristol rd a38 northfield area, and makes sense if its a droitwich motor, probably heading into brum…

Thanks for your input “m.a.n rules” you may be right as like i said above i dont know if the pics are all taken in the same town. :wink:

acab:
The Salvesen F86 is a Grantham depot (later became known as Easton) vehicle. Coupled to that single axle 33’ trailer it would have been working on the Marks and Spencer frozen food store delivery contract.

Thanks for the comments “acab” :wink:

Always amazed at the knowledge on here and what some of you remember from years ago,good stuff. :smiley: