Driving licence needs endorsed

lizard:

oldwelshdude:
I got had by a speeding camera one morning a few weeks ago while in my lorry. Anyway to cut a long story short, I’ve got a £100 fine and 3 points… ■■■■■■■■ [emoji23]

So I have to send my license off to Loughborough apparently. Can I still drive the wagon without my driving licence?

I carry my CPC card, digi card and ADR cards by law but unsure if the driving licence is actually a requirement.

Cheers as always chaps

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi. Not saying that the letter you have got is wrong, but are you sure that it’s real. DVLA as far as I know, don’t have any regional offices anymore and everything has to go to Swansea, and also you don’t send your licence off to be endorsed anymore as it is all done electronically since they got rid of paper licences.

Sent using smoke signals

I am sure it is genuine. My company got the initial letter and told them I was driving.

It says:

" following payment you must immediately send your driving licence and this form duly completed to her majestys courts and tribunals service, address below"

The fixed penalty office is in Loughborough.

I would have thought it was all done without sending the licence now but apparently not. Guess they need proof or something■■?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk