PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Frankydobo:
Hi Franky
In the very early seventies Alfie Ellis’ s son was attending Gateshead Tech the same time as myself.
Tyneside

Cheers Tyneside, I went from 68 but binned it after 1970, to be honest the only thing I seemed to have learnt was the Dewey Decimal system for keeping records, the same system Library’s use when they number the books, don’t know why that stayed with me! I gained more from hands on back at the Workshop with the older Fitters passing on their knowledge. Even today young Apprentices think College is a waste of time, yet if I had the chance again I would get stuck in. Franky.

Thanks for the input Franky,will have a look and see if i have anything on Alfie Ellis. :wink:

tyneside:
“DEANB”

Thanks for the comments “tyneside” :wink: For some reason dont seem to have much from your part of the world. :unamused:

Hi Dean and thanks again for the postings. I can remember most of the featured companies. We were not involved too much in the flat / long distance scene. My Dad tended to concentrate on local tipper and livestock work and of course we also had the domestic solid fuel which kept about 10 / 15 men busy depending on the time of year.
As an addendum I would mention that my late sister worked in the Cawthorne Sinclair office at Birtley for some years.

Cheers Tyneside

Thanks for the comments “tyneside”. :wink:

Chris Webb:
Hi Dean.I remember Taymix Transport very well. I believe they fell foul of the Ministry at some time.
There is a restored AEC Mandator in their livery.Not my photo.

Nice pic Chris,heres another one chap. :smiley:

Posted an article about Taymix on page 225 for anyone intrested.

A02512.JPG

kenfig bill:
Anyone recognise the ERF ■■?

Hello Dean …the blue ERF is Howel Richards from Bridgend …all the best from the both of us …lol …Geraint

Thanks for the name Geraint,good stuff chap. :smiley:

Heres another one. :wink:

P8170028p.JPG

jonmea:
Think it says Williams & Son on the Welsh Foden ■■

the Foden is EF & EO WILLIAMS & SONS Morfa Nefyn near Pwllheli

Thanks for confirming the name “jonmea” :wink:

Hargreaves:
You’re right nickersons were a seed merchant but a different one they have a place at holton le clay under a different name now they also originated from rothwell but the one in Lincolnshire

Thanks for the comments “Hargreaves” :smiley:

dave docwra:
Hi Dean, Thanks for all the great pictures, The Scania 110 looks like it could possibly be an ex PD Wharfage vehicle ( part of the Powell Duffryn Group) I think the company is now possibly known as Tyne Port Logistics.

Dave…

Thanks for the name Dave. :wink:

smallcoal:
Hi dean,hot spot merc is Rhys Davies taffs well that was a contract they had

Cheers for the info John. :wink: