I’m such an awesome driver

I was on the M6 last night on a smart motorway section in the Birmingham area. Signs saying 50mph, next ones said 30mph. Now I couldn’t see any reason at all for the 30mph limit so what I was going to do was carry on through at 50mph, get flashed, get fined, then start a new thread on here moaning and claiming the 30mph was just to make money from poor motorists as there was no reason for it to be there.

But then, in the blink of an eye I had a revolutionary light bulb moment. I decided if I slowed down to 30mph regardless of whether I agreed with the limit or not I wouldn’t get fined. So this is what I did. I surprise myself sometimes when I can apply that level of logic to something like this.

Rowley010:
I was on the M6 last night on a smart motorway section in the Birmingham area. Signs saying 50mph, next ones said 30mph. Now I couldn’t see any reason at all for the 30mph limit so what I was going to do was carry on through at 50mph, get flashed, get fined, then start a new thread on here moaning and claiming the 30mph was just to make money from poor motorists as there was no reason for it to be there.

But then, in the blink of an eye I had a revolutionary light bulb moment. I decided if I slowed down to 30mph regardless of whether I agreed with the limit or not I wouldn’t get fined. So this is what I did. I surprise myself sometimes when I can apply that level of logic to something like this.

I just leave my trailer plate off and horse onwhen doing the M6 run.

cgscott:

Rowley010:

I put the number plate of a driver I dont like on, then hoon it through as many speed cameras as I can.

Rowley010:

Well done you, the snake will love you.

You are awesome compared to a lot but in reality you are a decent responsible driver that obeys the law and takes pride in the way he drives. A proper driver, a professional.
It’s just a pity there arn’t more like you.

Far too many above the law. I know better types. Of course these limits can be annoying but they are usually there for a good reason. :wink:

Perhaps we should all just stick to 30mph at all times as you never know when there might be a family broken down on the hard shoulder whose toddler decides would be a good time to look at the shiny thing in lane 2… better safe than sorry…

Unfortunately I’ve still a lot to learn, I thought I was doing the Irish lads a favour last week when set to 41mph on the A75 towards Stranraer ,

I could see their spacial awareness was out by virtue of the fact their cab was peeking inside my trailer doors before I stuck a left indicator on to show safe passage to overtake me, followed by angry blasts of the horn and / or cutting in on me with an expertly judged 10cms gap

Oh how it must feel to be a trucking hero, keep it going drive.

Blatant baiting/trolling.

Thought this wasn’t allowed anymore? :confused:

Is it just me that can just do their job and not worry about others so much that I run to the internet daily to vent off?

Or am in the majority who just deal with the situation and get on with it without worrying too much? :confused:

It’s not good to bottle things man. Part of being professional is coping with others and their antics isn’t it?

ytrehodluap:
Perhaps we should all just stick to 30mph at all times as you never know when there might be a family broken down on the hard shoulder whose toddler decides would be a good time to look at the shiny thing in lane 2… better safe than sorry…

If the limit is 30 yes you should stick to it especially in built up areas and where there are pedestrians. In fact 30 is probably too fast in some situations.
Of course you will be pleased to know that all City centres will all have 20 limits soon. :laughing:

toonsy:
Is it just me that can just do their job and not worry about others so much that I run to the internet daily to vent off?

Or am in the majority who just deal with the situation and get on with it without worrying too much? :confused:

It’s not good to bottle things man. Part of being professional is coping with others and their antics isn’t it?

I get what you are saying but does it not bother you that some of your fellow truckers are giving you a bad name with their poor driving?

Alfa1M:
Unfortunately I’ve still a lot to learn, I thought I was doing the Irish lads a favour last week when set to 41mph on the A75 towards Stranraer ,

I could see their spacial awareness was out by virtue of the fact their cab was peeking inside my trailer doors before I stuck a left indicator on to show safe passage to overtake me, followed by angry blasts of the horn and / or cutting in on me with an expertly judged 10cms gap

Oh how it must feel to be a trucking hero, keep it going drive.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
my good man.
the best thing for you to have a quiet life if your using that 97 miles of trucking racetrack is to try and get hooked up so you can at least do low 60`s ,wait till theres a few boat chasers behind you,let the first couple past you and then light her up with the others behind you.
the bush shakers chance getting done,as will the tail end charlies,but by picking the spot known and loved as the rocking chair,
then your virtually immune from prosecution and all of a sudden the A75 becomes a fun and interesting road to play on.

alternatively,then if you prefer to drive like one of rowleys road warrior gang,then its best to start looking for a layby as soon as you see a truck in your mirror,act responsibly and do not be a cause for frustration leading to enthusiastic overtaking to other road users. :smiley:

jakethesnake:

toonsy:

I get what you are saying but does it not bother you that some of your fellow truckers are giving you a bad name with their poor driving?

No. I can only do what I can do and I like to think I’m more pragmatic than that, for example I dont think every forkie is a ■■■■ because I dealt with Graham or whoever this morning who was having a bad day and was an arse etc

Be non of your m6 stories tonight as it’s shut

edd1974:

Don’t worry I’ll see some equally bad professional driving on the A roads instead such as drivers going through red lights after they’ve just changed because they feel they’ve been waiting long enough and it doesn’t apply to them, or blocking a junction with a box on it because they feel the box doesn’t apply to them, or trying to overtake each other on the exit of a roundabout (see that one regularly and it normally ends in horn beeping and one up the grass verges). I’m sure I’ll see some poor driving I can tell you about.

Rowley010:

edd1974:

Don’t worry I’ll see some equally bad professional driving on the A roads instead such as drivers going through red lights after they’ve just changed because they feel they’ve been waiting long enough and it doesn’t apply to them, or blocking a junction with a box on it because they feel the box doesn’t apply to them, or trying to overtake each other on the exit of a roundabout (see that one regularly and it normally ends in horn beeping and one up the grass verges). I’m sure I’ll see some poor driving I can tell you about.

Rowley010 i bet youve got that much ■■■ on the end of your tongue from your transport managers rear cheeks that you taste exscriment everytime you eat. Mouth like a sewer. Away and poke at someone else you absolute trumpet.

As for the A roads my rear plate will remain off until such a time i get told to put it on. Regards

Rowley010:

Like you say, awesome.
It’s down to the benefits coming out of all those years of experience you told us about the other day.

Btw…those signs, were they orange on the matrix by any chance?

cgscott:

Unit numberplate is on the passenger side, same side as speed cameras on smart motorways as they’re fixed to the side of the sign, not over each lane. So unless you take the unit numberplate off as well they’ll find out who you are. No numberplates but the company name all over the trailer and a trailer number that can be read in the photos and you’re still stuffed.

Conor:

cgscott:

Unit numberplate is on the passenger side, same side as speed cameras on smart motorways as they’re fixed to the side of the sign, not over each lane. So unless you take the unit numberplate off as well they’ll find out who you are. No numberplates but the company name all over the trailer and a trailer number that can be read in the photos and you’re still stuffed.

You seem to forget some are not bright enough to work these things out. :laughing:

robroy:

Rowley010:

Like you say, awesome.
It’s down to the benefits coming out of all those years of experience you told us about the other day.

Btw…those signs, were they orange on the matrix by any chance?

No they weren’t advisory rob I’m not that daft. They were obligatory speed limits in red circles. I do know the difference. Actually the same night I chose to ignore an advisory of 40 and stay at over 50 as I took the advice, conducted my own risk assessment and carried on. Difference being on the actual smart motorway ones you aren’t allowed to only take the advice and conduct your own assessment. It’s a speed limit whether you agree with it or not.