PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

tribsa:
Hi All

Ron Blackman (RIP) has long since finished when he died well over 10 years ago.
The old fridge in Rawlings colour still has a green boundry the current contiuation run by Kevin in black only run euroliners & low loaders

Cheers
Rich

Thanks for the input Rich. I think he may have been the only driver to ever appear in 2 seperate long distance diaries. :wink:

tribsa:
Hi All
The Bomers Scania
Could well have still been theirs as I think the big letters on the front came in later than that & they did coal haulage as well as containers.
They sold out to Pentalver which now belongs to an even bigger group.

Cheers

RICH

Cant keep up with who owns who these days Rich. :laughing:

robthedog:
“Buzzer”“robthedog”"DEANB"R.T.Page & Sons Volvo F88. Dont think we have had one on before anyone know anything about them ■■

Looks like on of Dow Freights MAN’s going the other way ?

I think RT Page were from Littlehampton

IIRC got a feeling RT Page got too big too quick and went boobies up as a result, I may be wrong but it dings a bell Buzzer.[/https://rtpage.co.uk/

Thanks for the input and link Buzzer and Rob. :wink:

HRS:
You are right John, R T Page were from Littlehampton, they were a small’ish company well run, in my time. Harvey

Cheers for confirming Harvey. :smiley:

Ray Smyth:
My long time friend and fellow haulier John Wilkinson (James Wilkinson & Son} has just
returned from a holiday in New Zealand, and has sent me some pictures, I have tried to
post some of them on here, but the system says that they are too large, so I will keep on
trying with my limited laptop skills to reduce them, and post some more. Meanwhile,
I have reduced this image of an 8 wheel curtainsider, I think it might be a Mack or a White.

Ray Smyth.

Hello Ray, great pic i think its a Freightliner. You have to resize everything these days o get it to load. :unamused: :wink:

m.a.n rules:
pete’s haulage are from brum. they were based in freightliner landor st but I think they have a yard by kingsbury water park now…

Thanks for the info “m.a.n. rules” :wink:

pete smith:
This motor was once owned by Brian Dobson in Birmingham, was white with red stripes, then passed on to a lad who pulled tippers, then sold on to a lad in Aldridge who sprayed it in this colour, moved on again to another lad from Brownhills,

Sounds like that Scania did a bit Pete,thanks for the info chap. :smiley:

pete smith:
T J Moran operated from Aldridge, did a lot of work on the construction of the M6 toll road

:smiley: :wink:

pete smith:
One of Tony Purchases from Brierley Hill, previously ran Scanias. Packed up now.
Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics over the year Dean and a big thanks to Paul and Mark for taking the pics. All the best for the New Year, Cheer’s Pete

Thanks for the info on the Renault Pete and comments. :smiley: Its sad that so many companies featured in these pics have gone. :frowning:

Chris Webb:
Hargrave were from Spalding,Wincanton were ■■■■■■■ with them somehow as we had one of their Gray and Adams fridge trailers on our fleet at Maltby,local number was H10. I remember it because those G and A trailers were far superior to the Schmitz Cargobulls we ran.

Miss seeing Hargrave’s motors on the road. Operated alot of DAF’s back in the 80’s and did alot of European work Chris. :wink:

robroy:

pete smith:
Thanks for taking the time to post all the pics over the year Dean and a big thanks to Paul and Mark for taking the pics. All the best for the New Year, Cheer’s Pete.
I’ll second that, this thread is probably the best on the site, those pics look like they were taken yesterday, and I hope many more are posted.

Brought back loads of memories of old firms, some of which I knew, some I just saw everyday at that time, and some of their drivers I had good nights out with in the past, never to meet up with again.
Still waiting to see a pic of myself btw, in a past favourite truck, but no luck yet. :smiley:

All the best Dean to you, and the guys supplying the pics, keep it up mate. :sunglasses:
Rob.

Edit…looks like I’ve thirded it. :blush:
Sorry, sausage fingers to blame. :laughing:

Thanks for your comments Rob and for your input over the year. :smiley: :wink:

What company / truck are we looking for chap ■■? :unamused:

gingerfold:
“Chris Webb” Hargrave were from Spalding,Wincanton were ■■■■■■■ with them somehow as we had one of their Gray and Adams fridge trailers on our fleet at Maltby,local number was H10. I remember it because those G and A trailers were far superior to the Schmitz Cargobulls we ran.

Turners of Soham bought Hargrave International Chris, about 20 years ago from memory. At the time Hargrave ran about 85 vehicles. It continued as a separate division for two or three years then became part of the company.

I wondered what had actually happened to Hargrave’s so thanks for that Graham. :wink: