PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
Hardstaffs (T Baden Hardstaff) were an old established haulier base at one time in East Leake, although I think they moved later? They did a lot for British Gypsum but also had a lot of artic tippers in Aggregate Industries livery running from Agg Industries gravel pit near Uttoxeter. They briefly had two artics in Ballidon quarry hauling tarmac but it took almost an hour to load each one from our ancient plant and then ages to get them tipped so they didn’t reign there long! They were also Foden agents and a MOT centre and several local companies used them for annual testing etc, they finished a few years ago I believe.

Pete.

Very good Pete,thanks for the info chap ! We havent had any Tilcon for a while will have to see if we have anything. :smiley: :wink:

dave docwra:
The ERF E14 fleet number 75, could be owned & operated by Reed Transport.

Dave…

Reckon you are right Dave,looking at the fleet number on this one. :wink:

A01597.JPG

Ray Smyth:
“dave docwra”]The ERF E14 fleet number 75, could be owned & operated by Reed Transport.

Dave…

Hi Dave, The ERF is Reed Transport, I recognise their style of fleet numbering, and also a Maidstone, Kent number plate. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for confirming its Reed’s Ray. :wink:

chipliner:
“Ray Smyth”]Hi Dean, You mentioned Beverly Smyth in reply to comments from Chris, I recall not long ago, seeing dark green Smyth lorries
very often, don’t know whether they are from Ireland or Northern Ireland. are there any pictures of their lorries on Trucknet ?
My surname is Smyth, and my ancestry 2 generations back is on my paternal side from Newry in Co. Down, right on the border.
Having done just a few journeys to Northern Ireland, I noticed that my name is pronounced Smith, particularly in Co. Down
and Co. Antrim.
Cheers, Ray.
hi Ray the smyth transport green lorries are probably ,smyth of roslea co Fermanagh , it is right on the north side of the border , and the name smyth is usually pronounced same as smith in Ireland .

Thanks for the info Ray / “chipliner” good stuff. :smiley: :wink:

Heres one. NMP.

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The yellow DAF is Morris Furniture from Glasgow, My dining room table and chairs are from Morris, Until recently,
one of their lorries were seen regularly at a large local furniture shop called Abbott & Smith, on Ormskirk Road, Wigan.
The Abbott & Smith shop is now a bedroom furniture store. Cheers, Ray.

Thanks for confirming that Ray. :smiley: