PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

blue estate:
BT Leyland/DAF .Anyone recognise the Seddon Atkinson.

BT still have one of these DAF’s on a J reg , the work shop use for going round Magna park at Lutterworth and it’s got Equimox exhaust fitted as well
P/s still in the Grey colour as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info “blue estate” .J reg getting on a bit now ! :wink:

oiltreader:
Cant make the name out on the Iveco,anyone recognise it ■■?
Hi Dean it looks like Maurice Hill on the door, another one different livery courtesy of Len Rogers.
Oily

Cheers Oily for the name and nice pic. :smiley:

David180:
“kmills”"smallcoal"Morning dean ,the Oakley marathon consisted of 3 brothers Trevor,Arthur,roger,Trevor started rotherwas transport pulling out of metal box and bsc p talbot ,Trevor and roger are in jail last I heard stealing plant equipment only Arthur is still in bisiness they from Hereford, I drove for Trevor he put the firm in liquidation and done a runner we had to chase the liquidators for wages holiday pay and all expenses cheers John ,

Smallcoal, my Dad recalls that Arthur was father to Trevor and Roger, and that he passed away many years ago. My Dad drove for Trevor in around 1970 for a short while, he drove an ERF reg OVJ 888 G, 180 Gardner & 5 spd Splitter box. The ERF was bought by Graham Roberts , of Ross Roadways / Roberts Transport.

Thanks for your comments “David180” who do you drive for ? :wink:

pete smith:
Hi Dean,
The Leyland Badger belongs to Paul Adams from Brewood Staff’s. It was new to a company in Brownhills and has covered a huge mileage, it was traded in at Brownhills Commercials for a Leyland Comet in the early 1970’s. The owner of Brownhills Commercials, Ralph Ferrie, kept her for a few years until selling it to Paul in 1976 ish I think.
She now has a lift to shows on the back of Pauls M series, I suppose she has earned a rest!
2nd pic is me leaving Onslow Park Shrewsbury. Cheer’s Pete

Good pics and info Pete,thanks for posting ! :smiley:

kingswinford kit:
"DEANB"Some Welsh motors.

Think this is a R & B Transport Scania ■■

Pritchards DAF. Posted a Pritchards Foden on the previous page. Different colour and a tipper,anyone know if there is
a connection ■■

Hi Dean ,some lovely stuff from Wales ,R&b Transport from Llanwrthwl nr Rhayader in Mid Wales ,they were a big steel haulier with AECs Atkinsons and a Scammell Crusader even ,they now do timber .
The Pritchard DAF is from Pontypool ,they were first established in Crickhowell ,the Foden tipper on the previous page i think were from Montgomery that area ,both have now finished regards Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith,i wondered about the Pritchard Foden ! :wink:

windrush:
Maurice Hill are still trading, they used to be at Glapwell but are possibly near Huthwaite now? I believe he started at Ballidon quarry with a wagon many years ago?

Pete.

Thanks for confirming that Pete,nice to see that some of the older companies are still trading. :smiley:

gingerfold:
"windrush"Maurice Hill are still trading, they used to be at Glapwell but are possibly near Huthwaite now? I believe he started at Ballidon quarry with a wagon many years ago?

Pete.

Yes Maurice Hill are still in business, in spite of running Mercedes, :frowning: , long established traditional haulier, all flat trailer work. They did have a satellite depot near Burton at one time.

“IN SPITE OF RUNNING MERCEDES” :laughing: :laughing: Thats a cracker Graham ! Out of intrest how much did all those breakdowns cost
in the end ■■? :unamused:

MANTRONIC:
“MT” MDW MAN from Newport. Hey Dean ,thanx great shot that has to be the M4 Newport ,do think Paul will buy a house their ?
Sunhill Transport are from the Shotton area i meet them on the A470 between Brecon and Builth ,as they say Dean keep them coming ,MT

Hello “MT” if hes gonna buy a house i think it will be Craven Arms way ! :smiley: :wink: