Shipping out of and into Poole

DEANB:

Gidders:
Good info about the Dorset,having enquired a while back.Did it take about 12 drivers,the rest flying from Bournemouth Airport?I recall it with a british crew whereas the cotentin had a french crew.Happy days when i was young,keen and blonde.

Still re searching the Truckline operation Geoff & Gidders. I am struggling to find much about the MV ASD Astor.

The MV Antelope was partnered at the time by the MV Dauphin de Cherbourg. I wonder if the MV Astor was used
whilst they were waiting for the MV Dauphin de Cherbourg to be built,as both of these ferry’s were built by a
French yard ■■ Its possible i dont know but will try and find out.

You have a good memory “Gidders” as the MV Antelope and Dauphin de Cherbourg could both only carry 12 drivers
and some drivers were flown over like you said.Not sure how many trucks they could hold but it was not very many.

The sisters MV Dorset and Contentin were both chartered by Truckline in 1975 as the first two boats were too small
and these could carry 25 x 12 metre trailers.

Well done once again Dean I have heard a few stories of the crossing by airplane and what the pilot used to get up to,but I never had the experience. However I do remember French Dairy Farmers didn’t they have a Depot in or near Salisbury. Thanks again for the info mate by the way are you coming to the Reunion on Saturday at the Mayfair ? Regards Geoff