New Actros

robroy:
Just watched that vid, …My opinion?
Another dumbing down example of a situation where actual ‘skills’ are no longer needed, resulting in even worse non drivers attending the wheel than now, and as for the first 10 mins :open_mouth: …where do I enrol for the computer and electronics degree course to be able to trawl thhrogh all that crap on the dash.

As said before Tech for tech’s sake…no other viable reason. :smiling_imp:
Ok, I’m cynical, maybe old fashioned and maybe in a minority on here…but is it just me? :neutral_face:

Makes a change from me being accused an old ■■■■ stuck in the past :smiling_imp: .

I’m fairly open about things like this, depending on how the cameras perform at night, these things could make life so much better for those who have to go into really tight places in darkness.

If i had my way, we’d dump auto gearboxes in the sea and slip solid constant mesh, preferably Eaton Twin Splitter gearboxes back in, and watch the numpties that cause 95% of the damage vanish from the yards and go back to doing whatever they did with no pride or care before.
Reckon i’m in the minority here though wanting manuals back :laughing:

It’s all changing, it always has or we’d still be shovelling coal into the boiler, but we’ve seen the best of the job i reckon, the really old hard motors were on their last legs when we started out, Robroy, so within half a dozen years at worst we’d got power steering and generally comfortable comparatively powerful motors (cheerio Gardner 180’s and good bloody riddance :wink: ) with laminated windscreens that wouldn’t shred your face and hands with hundreds of glass cuts when they exploded like the old toughened screens did.

We enjoyed the freedom of the job without the severe hardships of the lads who went before us, we also benefitted from the good years of the fair ladies out there looking their best :sunglasses: