Northwest Trucks

harry_gill:

Bewick:
This is a shot of the very last Borderer that survived on the Bewick fleet and is shot here at a gathering at the Leyland Motor Museum when in the capable hands of Chris Swindlehurst. The Atki was just kept as a “pet” once it was fully refurb’d although it did pull the recovery trailer at times on Trade Plates. Cheers Bewick.

Hiya,
Dennis was this Atki one of “Woffy’s” Waugh’s ?, I seem to remember the reg number

Hiya “H” how are you keeping Mate ? bearing up after your sad loss I hope. Yes you are spot on about the Atki as it had been a long term demo put into the Waugh fleet but because it didn’t have Power Steering the “pencil neckers” at “Woffy’s” blackballed it so it was handed back to Atky’s. But their loss was my gain as I bought a top class 12 month old unit for a lump less than new price in Jan '75 and it did us a great job for many years running on double shift for the first couple of years, Daventry and back at night and then either up West ■■■■■■■ or down into Lancs/Cheshire on days. Never had a spanner on it gave 100% reliable service throughout the time it was on the fleet then we re-furb’d it and it went into honourable retirement , a bit like yourself Mate ! :wink: Anyway look after yourself and keep in touch. Kindest Regards Dennis.