Sat Navs

Tseal:
Hello all
I could do with some help regarding Satnavs

I have two the first is a truck nav (claims to be developed by a HGV driver). I have to say this one has never ever let me down in a car or a truck, and is extremely easy to follow directions with.

Recently I spent about 350 quid on a Tom Tom go pro 6200. It has live traffic updates and redirects your route if there are any roads shut etc.

I have been using this on my car having set it up as if I am a 44 ton artic, and it has actually taken me down very unsuitable roads and once took me to a low bridge which I wouldn’t have been able to get under if I was a truck.

What I want to know is what have am I doing wrong ? is it set up wrong or something? Does anyone here use the Tom Tom go pro 6200 ?

I really think the live traffic thing would be really useful if I could get this sat nav functioning properly.

Regards.

Which low bridge did it attempt to route you under? Which unsuitable roads did it suggest you use (and where were you routing to/from?).Nothing is infallible, but TBH the TomTom truck routing is if anything over-conservative; If there’s a Motorway or trunk road it’ll always take that option even if it means driving a few miles further. I’ve been using TomTom truck devices for several years and can honestly say they have never given me a route under a bridge that was too low for what I had set in the vehicle dimensions.