Wages...

My first Class 2 Job was £11.50 at 11.25 hours paid per day (Agency deducted breaks) on a 4 on-4 off basis at DHL Supply Chain at Gatwick Airport, which was £517.50 per week before tax - It was the most labour intensive work I ever did. I was eating and drinking crap and the weight was still falling off - I lasted 6 months ish and was far from one of the new guys at the end of that.

I’ve since done work on agency at £10 and £11 per hour (General haulage moving pallets of paper and all sorts and then plant delivery to building sites, like Cherry Pickers for example) Then I got into £15 an hour at Hermes, which to be fair wasn’t totally terrible depending on which drops you got and which indoor staff shift you had per shift.

Then I got into RM and been happy there since.

If I was you, I’d pop in to your local office of nationwide agencies like The Best Connection, Manpower, Pertemps etc and see if there is much work for new Class 2 drivers and what the realistic pay rates are like on PAYE (Or LTD if you prefer that option)

You might need to be prepared to take on a crap Class 2 job for 6 months to gain that first bit of experience, then move onto something else.