Northwest Trucks

Stanfield:
(The milk tanker at Northenden not sure where based. )
Kev the tanker would more than likely been based at the MMB Wilmslow depot which was all tank work I worked at the Chadderton depot in the garage which was a sub depot of Wilmslow and did all churn collections

thanks for the info about MMB Wilmslow. When I moved from Manchester to Kings Lynn 1985 my first job was driving MMB milk tanker for Dairy Crest and used to collect milk from farms Kings Lynn to North Norfolk coast down to Swaffham areas and the rest collected from Norwich dairy plant. There must have been 100s of farms producing milk but today there is just a handful.
You know how we had to be careful checking milk and sampling before accepting milk from farms. Feb 1987 was a bad winter and drifts stopped me getting to farms in Fakenham areas. Farmers had to load milk in ■■■■■■■■■ containers that were normally home for rats and meet me near Fakenham to tranship. When I got back to the dairy my tank samples looked like axle grease but it still went through the plant and bottled up.
Another Kings Lynn Dairy we had to wear ties but one of the drivers somehow got nearly strangled by a horse he was feeding it his sandwiches and had to be hospitalised KEV.