Eu referendum whats your vote

cav551:
Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

Not a lot different then from the latter end of WW2 to 1948, when the French were organising the illegal Jewish immigration to, and arming and financially supporting the various Jewish terrorist groups in Palestine, because they pathalogically hated the British. From their actions in the middle east during WW2 one would never believe that we were supposed to be on the same side.

To be fair the French often seem to lose the plot from failing to surrender their fleet resulting in the Mers el Kebir incident to their even fiercer resistance against US forces in North Africa.To the often suicidal for themselves let alone the civilian population,actions of the irregular free French forces against the Germans.

smithsonianmag.com/history/v … 180967160/

As for the Jewish question firstly I’m sure my father was trying to tell me in a veiled way that he,probably among others,would have actually refused any orders to be sent from Italy to Palestine to stop the Jews at the end of WW2 had he not ( very ) fortunately been demobbed and sent home.Maybe with hindsight even explaining why he seemed to have been demobbed unexpectedly and summarily in Villach during what he thought was just another of his regular return Pola-Trieste-Villach heavy equipment transport runs at the time.With the news of what had happened in the death camps already having long got around among the allied forces in Italy by then and therefore most,rightly,being in total support of the Jewish homeland.Also bearing in mind the bravery and support of their Jewish Brigade comrades,knowing what would happen to them if they were captured,during the Italian campaign.While the French at least owed them that to make some amends for the Vichy collaboration in sending loads of French Jews to their deaths.On that note both the French and Brit attitudes to the Jewish question seemed to be a contradictory one varying rightly from support,to unjustifiable opposition and typical anti semitism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_Brigade