PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

windrush:
Well the ‘Bedford’ is actually a Commer Superpoise and if that is before your time you must be almost a baby as I remember working on them and I’m only a youngster compared to most on here! :laughing:

The Guy Big J4 looks like one of Moss and Lovatts from Rushton Spencer, one of our vintage club members is a relative and they gave a talk and slide show a couple of years ago. They ran one of the few Big J’s with the 240 Gardner fitted… :open_mouth: .

Well actually it was only the badge! :wink:
Pete.

Thanks for the reply Pete. A Commer ! :wink:

jshepguis:
Dean
The Bedford will be a coach built mobile library for one of the local councils probably. We had a coach build bus chassis Ford powered where i served my time at Cleveland County Council. When taking it for annual test at Goods testing centre then at Darlington, it would get a good run think it did about 85mph !!

Now you have mentioned them built as the Library vans i can remember them “jshepguis”. 85mph not too bad ! :laughing: :laughing:

marktaff:
Hi Dean,
The pic of the Taunton Meat Haulage F10 with the classic Leyland National bus alongside it was taken at the top end of the High Street in Swansea.
Got to be late 70s. …there are building a in the back ground that are long gone.
Regards Mark

Thanks for the info “marktaff”,havent heard from you for a while you must have been busy on the removals ! :wink:

dieseldog:
Anyone recognise the Seddon,cant make the name out ■■?

Rugby cement

:smiley: :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Hi Dean, The B Reg lorry is a Commer with a Bournemouth number plate.
Kind Regards, and have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. Ray.

I knew you would know that one Ray ! :smiley: :wink:

tastrucker:
Anyone recognise the GUY ■■

Hello DEAN ,the Guy looks like Moss and Lovatt ,Merry Christmas Dean ,thank you Trevor

Thanks for the info Trevor ! :smiley: :wink:

kmills:
Thank you once again Dean for taking the time and effort, posting so many great pictures - it’s very much appreciated.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all,
Cheers Keith

Thanks for the comments Keith. :smiley: :wink:

kingswinford kit:
Merry Christmas Dean and all the best to you and this thread for 2019! regards Keith

:wink:

ergomatic man:
blue 6 wheeler tipper leyland/aec neither ,albion .

Thanks “ergomatic man” i seem to get those mixed up they all look the same to me ! :unamused: :laughing: :wink:

Buzzer:
Seasons greetings to all even though I am a bit of a humbug, Dean you have reached Page 300 and you and Paul have given pleasure to many who look in every day so thanks for all the effort from both of you. The F86 tanker is a Hampshire registration, could be Borden or even Clapcotts so Harvey, Colin or maybe Gazzer know the owners, cheers Buzzer

Thanks for your comments “Buzzer” Paul and Mark are happy that people are enjoying their pics ! I did wonder if that F86
was Clapcotts chap. :smiley: :wink:

roolechat:
Seasons greetings to all even though I am a bit of a humbug, Dean you have reached Page 300 and you and Paul have given pleasure to many who look in every day so thanks for all the effort from both of you. The F86 tanker is a Hampshire registration, could be Borden or even Clapcotts so Harvey, Colin or maybe Gazzer know the owners, cheers Buzzer

Bordon Chemical Co,North Baddesley. Probably used mainly for transport of formaldehyde

Thanks for confirming its one of Borden’s “roolechat” :smiley: :wink:

kenfig bill:
Dean …would just like to add to that …best wishes to both you and Paul for this amazing thread …the South Wales content is super awesome !! …and thats from the oldman and myself …have a good one …Geraint

Hello Geraint and dad :smiley: ,Thanks for your comments Paul and Mark appreciate them ! :smiley: :wink:

oiltreader:
Hi Dean, this thread is going pedal to the floor, all thanks to Paul, Mark and yourself for reaching 300 pages, bet the snappers were stood many a time by the road side never thinking that one day their efforts would be so avidly followed, I for one know how time consuming the process is from standing waiting for the next shot through to the time you yourself spend selflessly sorting and putting on here for us, well done and again thanks.
Cheers
Oily

Hello Oily thanks for your comments ! I have been a bit slack this last month due to work etc but you know how it is. Funny
enough Paul was only saying to me the other week how the traffic volumes have totally changed compared to when alot of
these pics were taken. Paul and Mark are still taking pics pretty much every day ! :laughing: :wink:

moomooland:
Walter Carefoot was Jim Riding’s brother in law who ran W & J Riding.
Carefoot’s yard is still next to what was originally W & J Riding’s depot in Longridge Lancashire which has now been transformed into a new Aldi store and housing development.
Carefoot’s ran about ten of these Leyland (Scammell) Constructor’s which were all powered by Rolls Royce 265 engines.
Part of Carefoots fleet today who have been in business since 1929.
You can find Carefoots company history on their website HERE

Thanks for the pics and info Paul,good stuff as always ! :smiley: :wink:

nilocekyd:
Bordon Chemical Co,North Baddesley. Probably used mainly for transport of formaldehyde

well done it is Bordens.
regards Colin

Thanks for also confirming its Bordons and thanks for the black and white pic which i do like sometimes more than
colour ones ! :smiley: :wink:

5thwheel:
Pete,
Not sure that the Bedford is a Commer Superpoise,I thought the Superpoise were a bonneted vehicle,the Bedford also has the large Griffin badge in the front centre.
David
It was the blue bonnetted box van that I was referring to David! Dean thought it might be a Bedford.
Pete.

Sorry Pete,I thought you were referring to the white Bedford van…sorted now!!
David

:laughing: :laughing: :wink: