vwvanman0:
Erf is blue circle but trailer says mastercrete one of the brand names. Steve

Thanks for confirming that Steve ! :smiley:

bubbleman:
Hi Dean,The unidentified Scania was Fred Sweetings,Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Thanks Bubbs for confirming the haulier and for the great pic ! :wink:

Chris Webb:
“Punchy Dan”
Looks like a granning midlift conversion and possibly a tanker spec air kit ,id guess it belonged to or was inherited by turners ?

It’s got a AV Peterborough reg plate so could well be one of Turners of Soham Dan.

Thanks for the comments “Punchy Dan” and “Chris Webb” :wink:

tvdriver:
Thanks for that “tvdriver” never knew that ! So is the Kenworth a “B train” then ■■
Paul, that set up would be 28’ pup trailers ,the rear trailer hooked with an A frame dolly, like the drawbar trailers used to be 20, 30 years ago.

Thanks for the info “tvdriver” :smiley:

pete smith:
Morning Dean,
Standard Motor Transport are from Kidderminster and still trading,
The owner Kenneth Batson owned this Leyland Beaver for a number of years ex Barry Brash’s from Checkley Truckstop, Cheer’s Pete

Great pic Pete ,thanks for the info. :wink:

tastrucker:
McCarthy DAF

Hello DEAN ,McCarthy from Wrexham ,they now have MANs most on lease hire from A N Richards the local MAN dealer,thank you Trevor

Good info Trevor. :smiley:

MaggieD:
“DEANB” Great pic of a working truck. Anyone know where H.V.Perry were based ■■

Hi Dean,
H.V.Perry stood for Harry Perry who owned Wareham Transport.
Thanks again for all your work on this brilliant thread. Regards Richard

Thanks for the comments Richard,funny enough after i posted that i remembered the name Harry Perry
and knew Wareham Transport. I can only remember them running flats and bulkers and cant recall ever
seeing them running timber trucks. :smiley: :wink:

Martinsea:
This VOLVO BFC is my dads old truck running out of Southampton … I’m sure that’s me in the passenger seat as a young boy …happy days

Happy days indeed Martin, we have all been in the passenger seat as kids ! :laughing: :wink:

gingerfold:

DEANB:
Anyone recognise the ERF ? Thought it was Blue Circle but cant make the name out on the side,but it does not look like Blue Circle ■■

Turners (Soham) Ltd. contract vehicle based at Cauldon Low. Turners had the Blue Circle contract for quite a number of years.

Thanks for the information Graham. :wink: