Any old promotor drivers around

Whilst the subject on here recently has been to do with Tehran we may as well continue for a bit longer. I have attached a photo that has been posted before and seems to be doing the rounds on other forums as well as TNUK. It appeared recently on a Danish site and the contributor said that the two drivers on the right were British and that the photo was taken in Tehran in 1972. The Thor driver is wearing the fur hat and is identified as Phil Bunch. The picture was taken by a chap called Gouldy. .

‘Supercube’ one of the original Promotor drivers who sadly passed away last year said that in January 72 John Taylor drove a Ford D Series to Moscow and later in the same year Dave Thomas did Promotors first Iran trip but he didn’t say what lorry Dave was driving. I believe there is a good chance this photo was taken on that first trip and that a D Series was used. Only the first part of the number plate can be seen and not much of the cab. I was wondering if its the same lorry in the second photo taken in about 78 albeit with a different body attached as I’m sure the one in 72 would have been a box on the back.

The photo of course was taken seven or eight years after Asian Transport first went this was but they didn’t do it in a little D Series. I know there are a few drivers from this era, whatever company you drove for, who still visit this site. Can any of you identify the Promotor driver in the first photo?.

324209_2261390246650_980064574_o.jpg

291211_2261387686586_1510997147_o.jpg

Promotor 494.jpg

Promotor 493.jpg