Guy

Frankydobo:
Mmm, that’s what I mean Pauly it doesn’t help to prove a case when there are so many discrepancies turning up by different authors of these articles, it has already been written that Smiths had 39 of the 40 that was apparently produced which now seems to have reduced to 29, I hope these writers aren’t getting their facts from Wikipedia! Now according to a site dedicated to GUY Motors around 16,000 Big J chassis were manufactured during the vehicles production, there are no where near that many still around or have been restored for obvious reasons so its reasonable to believe that with even taking the highest number quoted of 40 8LXB chassis being built that none have survived and even if the engines did when these vehicles were scrapped they would have either been sold abroad or ended up in storage for later use. Just a shame with all the many other threads we’ve had on the site showing excellent pics of various odd and rare vehicles over the years to prove their existence that the 240 Big J hasn’t surfaced, apart from some of the front views of which I believe only one or two are genuine, good enough proof for me but not everyone. Franky.

Hiya Franky, you’ve got to understand that the arithmetic apropro the numbers of 8LXB Big J’s that were built does vary dependant on the varying strength of “gear” that is smoked !!! Cheers Dennis. :unamused: :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: