PAUL GEE's PHOTO COLLECTION (Part 1)

Retired Old ■■■■:

DEANB:
Lucas Roadtrain.Looks like he might be overtaking a motobike with a sidecar ■■? Cant remember the last
time i even saw one ! :laughing:

Looks like a foreign combination with the sidecar on the offside. More than likely to be a BMW I would guess

Good point “ROF” about it being a foreign one ! You just dont see these anymore. :smiley:

moomooland:
Here’s one of it’s predecessors below a 1968 registered AEC Marshall

Nice pic chap ! :wink:

Ray Smyth:
Now then ROF, It was a Left Hand Drive motorcycle, Hee Hee. In 1975, young Gerry who lived near me bought a complete “Mototcycle Combination” of USSR/Russian manufacture, they were very cheap compared with buying a motorcycle of a British or Japanese make, and then having to buy a sidecar. I Think the manufacturers name was “Cossack”. Young Gerry was keen on motorbikes, but because he had a " leg disability ", he had to buy something with more than 2 wheels. Regards, Ray.

:laughing: :laughing:

Cossack ! :wink:

cossack.jpg

moomooland:
This Atkinson Borderer Reg No RWD 226R was late registered in December 1976 by which time the 400 Series Seddon Atkinson was well and truly in full flow production.It must have been in storage for quite a while as Mk 2 cabbed production finished in April 1975 over a year and a half earlier, the last Atkinson off the line being this Defender pictured below.

That photo really does show the meaning of a new model,looking at the defender compared to the 400 ! :laughing:

windrush:

moomooland:
Here’s one of it’s predecessors below a 1968 registered AEC Marshall

Cromford village, operating from Dene quarry on Cromford Hill. Pete.

Thanks for that Pete ! :smiley:

Retired Old ■■■■:
The Ural Cossack was a Russian motorbike which came complete with sidecar. It had a 750cc watercooled side valve engine driving a 4-speed gearbox. That’s about all I can remember about them as I never personally rode one.

Good stuff “ROF” see pic i posted ! :wink: