Suttons Tankers Dispute

Janos:

cav551:
I just hope that those who peddle the line that the Sutton’s drivers are overpaid and that the company has to take this action take an identical view when it happens to themselves.

It will be for the good of the company and its shareholders after all.

RIght then, lets have a show of hands to show who earns more than 40 grand driving a truck? Not many I am guessing. Would somebody driving for an agency on 13 quid an hour like to think they have something in common with these union fatcats? Does anybody honestly think that the union gives a stuff about any of you on general haulage? Some real mugs on here. This strike has nothing to do with the average joe on the street. To think some of you are willing to stand in line with them beggars belief.
Funny that everybody complains about the inequity of wages for bankers etc, and yet they allow a closed cartel to do the same in their own industry, and are willing to fight to retain the status quo. To claim that these drivers losing a portion of their wage will cause a further downward spiral in all wages is nonsense.
Sorry to break this to a lot of you, but the day is not coming any time soon when you will be paid over 60 grand to drive a truck.

Not sure that anyone on here really believes that they are going to achieve £60 k mate.

But there are a few younger drivers on here that seem to be showing a bit of fighting spirit, and I applaud them. We all know that the majority of truck drivers are 50+.

Sooner or later there WILL be a shortage of drivers. Yes, there are plenty of licence holders according to DVLA, but less new lads are joining than old hands are leaving.

I want ALL these newer drivers to show some spirit. It’s about time these crappy paying haulage companies are FORCED to pay up. I don’t give a toss about ’ market forces ', and I sure as hell don’t care about companies undercutting each other. That’s THEIR problem, not mine. The time will come when the conveyor belt of EE drivers begins to dwindle, and then our newer Brothers need to get even more militant.

You want us to drive on congested roads full of bellends risking our lives every day? You want to apologise to every sad prick who phones up and complains about our driving because you are terrified it may affect your share price? Then start backing your drivers and show some balls and loyalty. Pay us properly or do it yourselves. Or go bust and [zb] off down to the dole queue in your sharp suit.

GOOD LUCK TO THE SUTTON’S DRIVERS, and good luck to any driver on here and beyond who has something about them. Without lorry drivers these firms will simply not exist. No company Range Rover’s, no flash suits, no hotel jolly’s, no [zb] all!..

DON’T DRIVE FOR CRAP FIRMS. BOYCOTT THEM AND SOONER OR LATER THEY WILL FOLD :wink: