Up to date maritime subbie pay?

Mattwoodtransport:

nsmith1180:

eagerbeaver:
Just having a nosy at this thread and by my rough maths it would seem that £1600 a week on expenditure vs average income would leave you with a £600ish gross per week.

Forgive me for sounding a tad green, but is it worth all the hassle of being an O/D when you can get that as a wage and not give a toss about tyres shredding or a fuel pump going? :confused:

That 21.5k also includes the first 1k of my salary a month eagerbeaver. So at 600 a week profit, if I was happy to sit at one, I could in theory take home £2954 a month or £35488 a year after tax and NI.

I can think of many a driver who would love to take home 30k net of tax.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

And of course the paye driver doesn’t have his phone, car, insurance etc etc ‘paid for’ … and the list goes on. I put my three weeks in Isle of Man this year through the books, I was of course ‘scoping’ for work… but it was mighty inconvenient that the TT races happened to be on at the same time… all those bands on and road closures… it’s no wonder I didn’t land a single scrap of work… I think I even went to Spain on business this year… I had to miss my mates stag do that also happened to be in Spain on the same weekend… who would’ve thought it?

On PAYE my tax code is 1657m,
considering the average code is 1150L
I get a right bit “paid for” as employee!!![emoji41] [emoji108]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk