Axminster transport

Evening all,

Buzzer, Im sorry to disagree, but with the aid of my new bifocalist spectacles…(Specsaver specials), I reckon that is an Axminster lorry…the colour seems right, its got the Garanor lady on the grill, and the lettering looks right on the bumper…but of course I could be wrong!!!

Now John Thaw…when I came away from lorries and having sold the business I had to sign a clause to stay out of the particular business area that we worked in for a period of five years.No problem, so off I went indulging in all the childish interests that I had never been able to pursue before…importing exotic lorries, cutting and shutting less exotic versions, and generally having a whoopee time.

But I had always had a hang up about my lack of any formal academic qualifications…well I did have a school certificate…(that is not a certificated school…for those old enough to remember them)!!! So with encouragement from my wife, (who was getting fed up with having her kitchen window view spoiled by Kenworths, and T34 Tanks), I took a Degree course…and having secured that…I went on to an MBA…part of which was taken in the hallowed halls of Oxford.

At the same time a film crew, and said M Thaw were filming in and around the very same college that myself and other past their sell by date individuals were trying to secure our academic credentials. Each night I would report back to base to avail my good lady of the facts that I had failed to grasp during the day…not aided by the fact that my mobile telephone was of recent past days residing in a rather deep and muddy portion of the Oxford Canal…having fallen from my Harris Tweed jacket pocket as I endeavoured to prove my gymnastic ability by walking over the parapet of a rather old bridge…Thus I had to make use of a public telephone facility to ensure communication…

Now in said collegiate hall, under an archway was a wall mounted public telephone…which despite the amount of money posted into its deep cash box never worked…oh frustration…

Untill all was revealed one late afternoon, when I witnessed same telephone apparatus removed from the wall, and placed on a trolley and from thence loaded into a Ford Cargo box van…a theatrical prop from said M Thaws filming…

Teneous link I know, but I did see him, (and was struck by his very pale complexion)…

Perhaps Id better go now…

Cheerio for now.