ERF trailers

I realise that this is a thread about ERF trailers but I think it is worth mentioning another short lived small volume manufacturer of trailers,namely Keltrail that was part of the Chris Kelly empire albeit a very small part ! I recall buying 6 40ft tri-axle coilers from Keltruck which they had parked up and which were little used and in excellent condition.They were on BPW air suspension and were very well built,they had been designed,I believed,by and ex CF Engineer but I don’t think the operation lasted very long and I’m not sure how many Keltrails would have been built.I bought them “right” and shipped them to Grahams of Gildersome where Barry Simpson the former Bo-Alloy Sales director had joined.I got them all converted with new curtainsider bodies and they worked out about 2 thirds of the cost of new.This was at a time when I was needing many extra trailers at a time of increasing permanent traffic flows from new customers but I also had to keep the capital cost reasonable so the Keltrails helped in that respect.Cheers Bewick.