Jennings Motor body builders

Having worked on ERF B series cabs with Jennings sleepers I was unaware of the range of truck bodies they built and the later tie up with ERF. Asking around I came across a few photos of bodies I’m told were built prior to the ERF days.

The chap I borrowed the pics from asked if there were any stories regarding the history about the tie in with ERF and any more pictures or stories of the earlier bodies ?

A few more photographs from the Jennings collection

Sniffy:
A few more photographs from the Jennings collection

MORE PLEASE CRACKING PICTURES :smiley:

A few more horse boxes from Jennings, not sure why ERF took on Jennings but presume in the companies later years ERF thought they could slip their chassis under any potential orders for bodies, or maybe just for the companies coachbuilding / Cab skills ?

A few more

Not sure if the Jennings bodies were the best you could at the time, but but the fine detailing on some of the horse boxes seem OTT by today’s standards.

OR Perhaps its just that the tradesman and designers of the day were allowed a greater freedom without a budget.

Another mix of pix

Four more with the first as a an early attempt at demount bodies

Not sure how reliable it would be using bottlejacks and axle stands though, bit tight backing under !

Some lovely pictures, thanks for posting them & I hope there’s more to come.

BB

Some more photo’s, I’m suprised there’s no more pictures of the trucks in use appeared on here though

Some really good photo’s there Sniffy.

And a few more you might recognise

Cracking photos Sniffy, thanks very much for posting them. I hope you find some more.

BB

Basilbrush:
Cracking photos Sniffy, thanks very much for posting them. I hope you find some more.

BB

That’s about the lot until I can persuade my mate to dig out some more, I have a promise of another album full, but currently buried in his loft with loads of other priceless photo’s !!