Tacho hours - is this legal?

Hi again.

Wednesday : Finished driving 1800hrs - 9hr rest, start driving 0300hrs Thursday morning - finish driving 0500hrs (2hrs total) - 9hrs rest - start driving again at 1400hrs to 0000hrs (with suitable 45min breaks).

It just seems a lot in one day Thursday, but there were 9hrs rest breaks at all times.

Cheers

John

cornish trucker:
Wednesday : Finished driving 1800hrs - 9hr rest, start driving 0300hrs Thursday morning - finish driving 0500hrs (2hrs total) - 9hrs rest - start driving again at 1400hrs to 0000hrs (with suitable 45min breaks).

Depends how many hours of the 14h00 to 00h00 you drove. You’re allowed 10 hours max in the 24h period which started at 03h00 after your daily rest period finished, so as long as you had at least 2h of breaks or other work in the 14h00 to 00h00 you’re ok. If you did it with just two 45min breaks then I guess you’ll have 10h30 driving which is 30min over what you’re allowed.

The daily limit is the driving hours in a 24h period, not the driving hours between any two 9 hour breaks.

Of course this also assumes you’ve not run out of 9h daily breaks by already taking too many and assumes you’ve not already done two 10h days that week.

I think.

John, that was legal, provided you had the 9 hour daily rest periods available.

Repton, his 24 hour period started at 14:00 after he had completed his daily rest of 9 hours, not at 03:00 which was the end of the previous daily rest, and between then and midnight he could have driven 9 hours, 4.5 - 45 break - 4.5 - break. The daily limit is the period between two daily rest periods or a daily rest period and a weekly rest.

Under EC rules ‘days’ are defined as any periods of 24 hours beginning with the resumption of other work or driving after the last daily (or weekly) rest period.

And taken form the regulations is this definition on the amount of driving required in a ‘day’:

What is the daily driving limit?

9 hours (which can be increased to 10 hours twice a week) taken between two consecutive daily rest periods or between a daily rest period and a weekly rest period.

as coffee says yes you are legal so not to worry. :wink: :wink:

John, it might be worth investing in an Hours Guard, sets your mind at rest over situations like this that are a little out of the norm and will kepp you 99.9% legal.

Thanks folks.

Coffee, I’ve got a drivers hour guard, unfortunately, whilst on my last 9hr break, batteries whent flat, it’s the best bit of kit I’ve ever owned. Just wanted to check with you, it was ok.

Thanks again.

John

Coffeeholic:
John, it might be worth investing in an Hours Guard, sets your mind at rest over situations like this that are a little out of the norm and will kepp you 99.9% legal.

Why not get yourself a CoffeHolic. Keep it charged with caffine, you’ll have no problem with the batteries going flat and it will keep you 100% within the law :laughing: .

Liberace.

Only a suggestion, but why don’t we get a lap-top in all our trucks + Coffee’s mobile number and then we can get hold of him 24/7 and ask questions to our hearts content. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John

Long as you pay the phone bill that won’t be a problem. :wink: :smiley: :sunglasses:

cornish trucker:
start driving 0300hrs

:open_mouth:
That aught to be illegal!! :laughing: :laughing: