Clarification On Night Shift Daily Drive Rules Required

My tacho printout for Thursday shows a total 24 hour daily driving time of 10.14, the 24 hour period it covers includes the driving time from the end of Wednesday night shift (midnight to 07:00) followed by a 9 hours 30 mins reduced daily rest, then the driving time from the start of Thursday night shift (1630 - midnight).

I am well within the 10 hour (extended) driving limits when the hours are added up between daily rest periods (as opposed to a 24 hour period from midnight) which is the way I am doing it, can some one confirm that I have understood the rule correctly and I am calculating them correctly please.

Daily driving time according to gov.uk is “the total accumulated driving time between the end of one daily rest period and the beginning of the following daily rest period”

I just wanted to check as one of the other drivers has put doubt in my mind.

The daily driving time for EU regulations is calculated between daily rest periods or between a weekly rest period and the following daily rest period.

I’ve no idea what’s been said to put doubt in your mind, but as long as you’re on EU regulations you can dispel the doubts :wink:

Thanks for clearing that up :smiley:

tachograph:
I’ve no idea what’s been said to put doubt in your mind,

My guess would be some turkey has said you can’t do more than 10 hours driving in any given day.

When in fact you could drive from midnight to 4:30, 5:15 to 9:45, 10:30 to 11:30 and 20:30 to midnight for a total of 13.5 hours.

Terry T:
…My guess would be some turkey has said you can’t do more than 10 hours driving in any given day.

That’s the one, he’s the guy who knows everything about anything and tells everyone so… Should of known better than to listen to him to begin with :unamused: