Tacho

I’m still trying to get my head round this tacho rules! Do we need a full 45 hours weekly rest? I work monday to friday 7.30am till 5pm and 8am till 12pm on saturdays every two weeks. But my boss who hasnt a clue about tacho rules said i have to come in and do two saturdays in a row- 8am till 12pm… I said im not sure if im allowed to do that.

matt28:
I’m still trying to get my head round this tacho rules! Do we need a full 45 hours weekly rest? I work monday to friday 7.30am till 5pm and 8am till 12pm on saturdays every two weeks. But my boss who hasnt a clue about tacho rules said i have to come in and do two saturdays in a row- 8am till 12pm… I said im not sure if im allowed to do that.

To know whether or not you could legally work two Saturdays would involve tracing your weekly rest periods back to a time when you had at-least 90 consecutive hours rest.

Frankly your easiest option is to tell your boss it’s illegal because you have to have a 45 hour weekly rest period at-least every second week.
The other easy alternative is to adjust either the finish time on one of the Saturdays by 1½ hours (finish at 10:30) or start 1½ hours later on the Monday, that way you will be having a regular 45 hour weekly rest period.

If you are looking to do 2 Saturdays in row as a one-off then with the way your shifts are I suspect you had august bank holiday Monday off :question:

If that is the case then can you tell us what hours you had off on these weekends …
Aug 16/17
Aug 23/24/25 Bank holl
Sep 6/7
Sep 13/14
Sep 20/21

I am new to HGVs. Tryng to understand, according to your times every two weeks your driving time is 99 hours, which is above 90 hrs total for a 2 week period. Unless, when you say work it’s a combo of driving and other work?

romik:
I am new to HGVs. Tryng to understand, according to your times every two weeks your driving time is 99 hours, which is above 90 hrs total for a 2 week period. Unless, when you say work it’s a combo of driving and other work?

Those are the OPs shift times not driving hours

A shift could be from 0600 to 1800
During that shift the drive might, as an example, drive for 8 hours, do other work for 3 hours and be on break for 1 hour
That would be 8 hours driving time, 11 hours working time and 12 hours shift time
If exactly the same shift was done the next day then a regular daily rest will have been taken