Driving over 10 hours

Right gents this is a what if. :confused:
What if a friend of mine is in the process of driving a very high value load (£1.000.000 plus) and due to unforseen cicumstances finds he is coming up to his tenth hour of driving with still another hour to go to his depot and safety. On ringing up the transport manager he is told to bring it back because of its value and the manager will either get permission from the ministry man :question: or will give his driver a letter signed by the transport manager that will cover his driver :exclamation: Can permission be got from the ministry man :question: and if not will the letter cover the driver :question: Bearing in mind that the driver has several places to park within or just after his tenth hour. :confused:

If you have been held up by an accident or roadworks tou can exceed the limit to reach the “”“first”“” suitable parking place, Suitable for the truck or the load, not your favorite layby or truckstop,

If you are that close to the limit you should be looking for somewhere safe before 9 hours not running to the limit. As for a ministry man giving permission, thats a no. If you park on a double yellow and a traffic warden turns a blind eye, it doesnt mean his mate wont nick you

Id say theyd do him, whatever the value of the load.

Mal.

Hi RMower,
SIMPLE ANSWER…NO…
REASON…NO-ONE…NO-ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, Including a ministry man,
FACT IS RMower…The law IS there to be followed and if your friend gets in trouble for breaking it, WHO is in trouble, The ministry man? dont think HE or anyone else will take the rap for it somehow.
Hope this helps. :wink:

Err, I think you maybe meant to post that to RMower Lynne? I said he’d get done. :sunglasses:

Mal.

you beat me to it!! :slight_smile:

Mal.

Yeah,so sorry MAL ,i typed your name instead of RMower :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:
Visa-Versa

That aint a problem Lynne! I thought it was funny really! :sunglasses:

Mal.

Thanks for all your input, its as i thought but needed it from someone else to prove my point.

moving away from the point could this be a new romance between lynne and mal, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

RMower:
moving away from the point could this be a new romance between lynne and mal, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hehe! If it was, id be set for a right kicking of er’indoors :laughing:

Mal.

:laughing: :laughing:

(QUITE RIGHTLY) IT WOULD BE WELL DESERVED TOO MAL :wink: