10 hr driving turns to 11hrs

Okay first and hopefully last time this will happen me on way back to yard this morning there was a accident on m1 junction 6-5 so got held and drive time went up from ten to eleven hours by the time i got back and parked up.

Day cab no bed but still presume most would have parked up and got someone to come out and drive the truck back to the yard.

Anyhow i didnt downloaded card and put a note on infringement regards accident.

So an hour over is excessive is usual scenario if pulled over by vosa or there counterparts within 28days a massive fine or just a slap on the wrist ?

Jesus H Christ an hour!!!

You will be hung,drawn and quartered and your body parts will be distributed to far distance places so you are never likely to do it again!!!LIke Willy Wallace!! :laughing: :laughing:
Your family will be driven out of town in disgrace and flogged to within an inch of their lives!!!

Shocking behaviour!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself!!! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

i wouldn’t worry about it

thought so and probably the wife will run away but what s worring me the most is the dog wont talk to me anymore :unamused:

vinnyl:
thought so and probably the wife will run away but what s worring me the most is the dog wont talk to me anymore :unamused:

That’s no way to talk about your wife, I’m sure she’s not a dog!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

hmmmm no comment :slight_smile:

daleyboy:

vinnyl:

That’s no way to talk about your wife, I’m sure she’s not a dog!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

:laughing: :laughing: unless shes the type to get up on all fours!! :open_mouth: :wink:

still none the wiser !!!

vinnyl:
still none the wiser !!!

No but we’ve found out loads about your wife :slight_smile:

To answer your question, do a printout right on the back the reason why you’ve gone over your hours I.e stuck in big accident on the m1,m6 etc and it won’t be a problem as long as it’s not a regular occurrence. Your only down side is that you should have stopped at the first safe parking place now If that is the yard then no bother but if you went past 4 service stations and 5 laybys to get to the yard then you could find yourself in bother

:slight_smile: thanks daleyboy

passed a lot of services layby s etc before i got home

vinnyl:

That makes a difference, you might not get away with it because of that. You can stop worrying about it in 6 months time so it’s not all bad news. :wink:

Coffeeholic:

vinnyl:

That makes a difference, you might not get away with it because of that. You can stop worrying about it in 6 months time so it’s not all bad news. :wink:

And by mentioning the fact you were carrying unstable nuclear warheads or government aid for Somalia may give you an easier time in prison :wink:

I thought the card only held the information for 28 days?

vinnyl:
I thought the card only held the information for 28 days?

The card can hold information for far longer than that, my last card had about 11 months on it and my current one has about 6 months on it at the moment, and those are cards used 5 or 6 days a week. The unit in the vehicle will hold at least a year and the data has to be kept for at least a year by the company.

Next time you are in the truck go to the print menu and select a 24 hour printout then scroll back as far as you can through the dates. When it stops scrolling back that will show you how many months are currently on your card.

cheers coffee

will check it during the week

what happens if stopped during inbetween just a fine is it?

vinnyl:
cheers coffee

will check it during the week

what happens if stopped during inbetween just a fine is it?

From memory I think it’s -

Up to, but not including, 1 hour over - £60

1 hour up to, but not including, 2 hours over - £120

But that might be for exceeding the 4.5 hours driving and it might be different for exceeding daily total. I can’t remember and I am on my laptop in a services in Germany and don’t have the actual list of fines on this PC.

vosa website says the following for exceeding 4.5 hours dont mention anything about exceeding the 10 hour so presume same applies

For drivers’ hours offences, the penalties for exceeding your maximum driving time are:

up to an hour - £60 fine
between one and two hours - £120 fine
two or more hours - £200 fine

How long before you finished did the actual delay happen? If its anything up to an hour you should be able to bluff your way through a VOSA check using the nowhere safe to park excuse.

Worst case scenario is a £60-£120 fine and another sale for Vaseline. I got a £120 fine last month for 1 hour 12 minutes over a 10.

The fixed penalties are for current offences…

was a hour before but there was loads of places to park up as was from junction 6 southbound on m1 then accross to west london i went

if the fixed penalties are for current offences then no prob as it would be in the past now :slight_smile:

vinnyl:
was a hour before but there was loads of places to park up as was from junction 6 southbound on m1 then accross to west london i went

if the fixed penalties are for current offences then no prob as it would be in the past now :slight_smile:

VOSA has no way of proving there was somewhere safe for you to park so just use that excuse. All the safe places to park were obviously full. As much as I hate them VOSA do actually use some common sense when it comes to hours infringements. If its a one off and everything else is clean you will have no worries. Its vehicle defects they are completely ■■■■ about.