Crap pay :(

Pat Hasler:

rigsby:

Pat Hasler:

hkloss1:
I don’t know why, but I get instantly attracted to join a conversation when rates of pay are being mention for US/Canada driving jobs.
Any company in Canada paying equivalent of usd 150 for crossing the border each way, once you get your PR?

I wouldn’t know ? I didn’t live in Canada, I don’t have a PR because I don’t need one, I live in the USA and hold a green card :smiley:

My daughter has a green card , this year’s big decision , to apply for citizenship or not . She’s married to an American but fiercely proud of her British roots . What would your take on that be Pat ? . Dave

If she is proud of her country I think it would be wrong to take US citizenship, as I said I will never denounce my country and as I have explained to people here who say I should do it, ‘If you moved to the UK and were asked to denounce the USA would you ?’
The answer is always ‘No way’
If your daughter for some reason decided to move back to her homeland she would be liable to pay tax to the USA for life.

Pat, we don’t denounce the U.K. We have duel citizenship. I have both passports. My daughter is American and will be getting her British/European passport later this year.
If I was to return to the U.K. I believe I would have to file taxes but not necessarily pay any if I haven’t earned any money. If you have money invested and there is interest earned you would pay tax on that money.

You never know what’s going to happen when you stay on a green card, even if you are married to an American. They would prefer you to take citizenship. Back in the late 90’s when I took out my citizenship there was a rush on as there was a possibility you couldn’t claim your social security (pension) unless you were a citizen. All the New York Jews panicked!

Its a personal choice.
Regards Paul