Pay rise \o/

Yeah !
About 4 months ago we all got a letter from the big man saying they would be reviewing the pay scales and try and make the way we are paid fairer to all. The speculation since then has been crazy, the different tales I have been told about a driver hearing that out weekly minimum was getting thrown out, or that a terminal down south had been awarded an extra $200.00 per week for it’s drivers and every time these buys came to me because I am the rep for management hoping I could give them a hint, I kept my mouth shut becasue in truth I knew nothing and neither did the others who started the rumours. I just told them all the same thing, "Wait and see, don’t listen to gossip because our company CEO has not contacted any driver to ask their oppinion or tell them in advance what is going on :laughing:
Today I am looking at stuff on a desk in the corner of our living room and find a letter from the man himself, nobody lets me know if any mail arrives here and it was nearly a week old. Turns out to be a good deal, the minimum term served before being qualified for a weeks vaccation is now 6 months, the pay for crossing the Canadian border rises to $175.00 per crossing. Milage rate is going up by 10%, hourly rates go up by the same.
Turns out that even after 6 years my weekly wage will still not go up because the minmum weekly pay for me is still greater than the trip pay I actually earn … I average about $250.00 a week put into my pay to make it the minimum and the same goes for all the NYC drivers.
I have no doubt most of the ungratefull gits will complain even though they still make well above the national average for drivers.

Actually thats wrong ! I did get a rise two years ago when I was made head man at Yonkers. Oh and our seniority bonus gets a boost, it was a $1000.00 max for 5 years and over, now it keeps going up by a grand every year to 10 years, then it’s a whopping $2500.00, this is on top of the quaterly safety bonuses, then there’s the $1500.00 for finding a new recruit and the new recruit also gets that.
I think this company goes out of it’s way to keep drivers happy, I know I can’t complain anyhow.
Any guy who is not happy with this needs to try and find something better … he isn’t going to.
Thank you boss.

$175 for crossing the Canadian border? WTF?! I just crossed in to Canada about 90 minutes ago at Detroit/Windsor and it took all of 20 seconds for her to stamp my paperwork and hand it back to me, not even any questions.

robinhood_1984:
$175 for crossing the Canadian border? WTF?! I just crossed in to Canada about 90 minutes ago at Detroit/Windsor and it took all of 20 seconds for her to stamp my paperwork and hand it back to me, not even any questions.

So how much do they pay you for each crossing ?
Every time I have been so far I just got $70.00 extra, I figured it was the norm to pay for entering another country.

How many of you get extra for entering any of the 5 boroughs of NYC ?
At St Anns we got an extra $30.00 every time, that was 7 years back and I know they get regular pay increases so it will have gone up by now. Based in Yonkers we don’t get anything for delivering in the area but Albany drivers get about $70.00 for crossing to Long Island.

Pat Hasler:

robinhood_1984:

So how much do they pay you for each crossing ?
Every time I have been so far I just got $70.00 extra, I figured it was the norm to pay for entering another country.

I dont get paid anything, why would I? Its less hassle then pulling up to pay a cash toll.

Pat Hasler:
How many of you get extra for entering any of the 5 boroughs of NYC ?
At St Anns we got an extra $30.00 every time, that was 7 years back and I know they get regular pay increases so it will have gone up by now. Based in Yonkers we don’t get anything for delivering in the area but Albany drivers get about $70.00 for crossing to Long Island.

At my current company, nothing. But we dont deliver there anyway. I drove down over the GWB this week but that was my own choice. At the company I first worked for doing reefer work we got $100 for deliverying to one of the 5 boroughs, but only if we actually delivered there.If we just drove through, even to Long Island then we got nothing. They knocked that on the head though, they were a crap company with decent pay, then they changed everything to match the rest of the reefer companies in the area and now they’re a crap company with crap pay.

If you Yanks are getting paid so much to merely cross the border then no wonder so few of you come up here. Some companies here pay a token 10 or 15 dollars for it, but most dont.

robinhood_1984:
$175 for crossing the Canadian border? WTF?! I just crossed in to Canada about 90 minut es ago at Detroit/Windsor and it took all of 20 seconds for her to stamp my paperwork and hand it back to me, not even any questions.

As the man said WTF ? Are you sure it’s not $17.50 cents ,senile olde git that you are :laughing: Get yourself to Specsavers Pat LOL .

Deffinately $175 mate. Tell you the truth I was shocked on my first Montreal run to find I got the old $70 :open_mouth:
I don’t think every company down here gets as good a deal LOL, There are a vast amount of companies down here that pay crap…

AND I AIN’T A YANK :frowning:

what is the $175 for… wondering if you have to pay out anything.seems a good deal that just for crossing the border…

It is listed as ‘Passport payment’ in other words the company recognise that drivers need to buy a passport and most US based drivers don’t have one. Being a British citizen I have to posses one anyway. There is no fee involved in crossing, provided the driver has faxed the correct documents with the PAR sticker in the right spot it just involves driving to the guard booth getting the docs and passport checked and carrying on, my last crossing took about 3 minutes at the border. The USA however are greedy sods and demand $10.75 to re-enter.
It’s just a payment for entering another country.

And most of our drivers think they have it hard, ungratefull sods.

Some bloody drivers are spoilled rotten :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Charles

remy:
Some bloody drivers are spoilled rotten :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :wink: :wink: :laughing:

Charles

Thats rich comming from a Wlamart driver :laughing:

I have been told that our truck’s are soon going to run ‘full elogs’ and will also be speed limited to 65mph (currently limited to 95mph :open_mouth:) they will limit them only on the cruise tho… :smiley:.

I contested that i may not be able to make as much money, because i am paid by the trip, and the elog is very ‘restrictive’ … and just discovered that my company pays ‘Minimum Pay’… If i get less than 2650 miles in a week, they will make up the difference in my pay :smiley:… brill!..

this job gets better every week! :grimacing:

I regularly cross the border into Scotland and get nowt! perhaps when they get independance :wink:

syramax:
I regularly cross the border into Scotland and get nowt! perhaps when they get independance :wink:

You should get a couple of hundred for delivering Glasgow :laughing: