Best truckstop?

Ok guy’s what’s the best truckstop between North York, Ontario (Toronto) and the border at Niagra ? I know it’s only a short distance but I may need it next Wednesday after delivering there, so come on you wild northerners cough up the answer.

Which of the two borders are you crossing at there? Queenston or Fort Erie? If its Fort Erie, the big truckstop about 2 miles in that used to be an Ultramar is now a Flying J. As for Toronto itself, there isn’t anything fantastic that stands out, there are two Husky’s in Mississauga and theres the 5th Wheel at Grimsby on the QEW between Toronto and the border. There are other options but they’re all much of a muchness really.

I will probably stay on I-90, it depends on which port of entry is on the instructions,

Think there’s a Flying J at Mississauga to if my memory serves me right

taffytrucker:
Think there’s a Flying J at Mississauga to if my memory serves me right

There is, just off of Dixie Road but its a complete ■■■■ hole. The nearby Husky is a little bit better, but only a bit.

Is it any worse than the one in Napierville Quebec ?

Pat Hasler:
Is it any worse than the one in Napierville Quebec ?

No idea, never been to it. The Flying J that Taffy is on about is just around the corner from one of the Husky’s so you could have a look at both. They’re right off of the 401 at exit 341 which is Dixie Road. Take Dixie road north bound and the Husky is right at the lights on to Shawson Drive and its the first thing you’ll see on the left. For the Flying J, go through those lights instead of turning right and the next set of lights you come to will be Britannia Road east. Turn left there and the Flying J is a very short distance on the left hand side. The other Husky and the one I prefer of the two is close by as well, its on the corner of Courtney Park Drive east and Kennedy Road. If you’re coming west bound through Toronto on the 401, take the 410 north and the very first exit you come to is for Courtney Park drive east. Loop round on the slip road and then turn right so that you go over the top of the 410. Follow down to the first set of lights which is Kennedy Road, turn left there and you’ll come to the truckstop entrance on your left hand side. Those three truckstops are within about a mile and a half of each other and are your best options for that area. If you’re there for a while and I know you like to eat out all of the time, the Husky’s are probably your best bet as they have restaurants in them, I don’t think the Flying J does, although I could be wrong. From memory its just a bit of poxy parking, diesel pumps and a small building that may or may not have showers but not much else. Early parking will be required in all three due to the usual supply and demand etc.

Depending how far north you want to go… There is a Husky one exit past the 405/QEW split. Acres of parking, restaurant and a Tim Hortons off the same exit. There is a Fifth Wheel further north, avoid like the plague unless you want the trots! There is a small truckstop in between, decent food but small parking. Can’t remember the exit but could find out if you were interested. Once you get further north towards the city, parking can be pretty dicey.

Kennedy Rd Husky has a chinky in it I’m sure.

I went in Dixie Rd tonight, it’s not as bad as gloom n doom makes it out to be. There’s stuff to satisfy most appetites within walking distance too.

Thanks people :slight_smile:
The Husky sounds the best bet.

Next Wednesday you say? I’m out on the ■■■■ this weekend coming so starting Monday, if I go east I’ll see you there.

Too late Mark, it was Wednesday 28th and I have been there and back :laughing:
I only noticed one truck stop which was on the QEW, it was called ‘Fith wheel’ … I did manage to get in and out with no problems apart from the traffic going in that morning, although when I arrived, after battling to get round to the liquid tanks some guy comes out and said ‘I have to send you to our other factory because they have run out of supply’ an hour later I get the map they printed and off I go, drive into the tight yard only to find they only need 1,000lbs ffs, they gravity feed what they want via one of my hoses into a tote and manage to spill about 20 gallons in the yard, they get a hose to wash it away, the hose just delivers cold water and although I tell them that pouring cold water on coconut oil will turn it to coco butter, they didn’t listen and the yard then had a coating of white slippery crap. I eventually backed out through the winding driveway onto the street and back to the first place where they pumped the rest of the load off, it was then back to the USA at Niagra and the usual miserable ■■■■■■■■ at INS.

I found out on my detention weekend the other week, the Flying J is on Britania road in Missassauga and as Jordan states is a ‘S**t hole’, the Husky was on Dixie but I didn’t stop, I went instead to the Holiday inn on Britania road east, Missassauga whch is not as I first thoughtthe other side Dixie but is in fact off of Hurontario street, about 5 miles west of there, how confusing is that FFS ?
On the Monday morning I stopped at the Fith wheel in Grimsby which I found a great diner, I don’t know about the rest of the facilities but the food was great.

Pat Hasler:
On the Monday morning I stopped at the Fith wheel in Grimsby which I found a great diner, I don’t know about the rest of the facilities but the food was great.

The restaurant manager there is also English, from Lancashire. She’s lived over here 20 odd years. She mustn’t have been on shift as she’d of been out in a flash once she heard your accent.

I think her daughter works in there too.

She’s have heard the accent because I asked staff at the back for the WiFi password.
The waitress recommended peameal bacon because she knew I was English and would love it… She was right, I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

Peameal bacon is delicious :sunglasses: