First Driving job

well I passed my C+E test on the 14th may and have finally been let loose on my own in this. :smiley:

Congratulations :smiley: Enjoy it…

Where u running out of? :smiley:

Well that’s just ■■■■■■■ cruel. Putting you out in a Scanny…

That is brill, same company who gave me my 1st break when I passed out I did put a link on saying that Roadways do employ new drivers so glad you got the job and have given proof Congrats Mate.

mosiman007:
Where u running out of? :smiley:

I’m running out of tamworth depot.

44 Tonne Ton:
Well that’s just [zb] cruel. Putting you out in a Scanny…

Could of been worse, they could of given me a daf :smiley:

good work mate.
Start my first class 1 job in a couple of weeks, how you finding it?
Im a bit nervous as ive only driven a wagon and drag :confused:

Well done on landing the job :smiley: …have fun :sunglasses:

Keep us updated on how its going.

John.

Not a bad truck. Could be worse than that you could have ended up with an FM12, You down tramping or are you on days??

Hope you’re enjoying it mate :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

well, I’ve had a good second day, had a nice hours run to leicester, sat there for 3 hours whilst 4 blokes handballed a full 40ft’er of this winters woolly jumpers :laughing: and a steady ride back to tamworth to be told theres no more work to go so gave the truck a wash and had an early finish. :sunglasses:

Got a 5:30 start on monday, tipping at telford then don’t know whats next…

oh and i am on days, but will have nights out depending on the loads i get, so abit of both really.

will keep you posted thats if anyones interested :smiley:

It’s nice to see that you’re enjoying it. :wink: My dad use to work at roadways out of the leeds depot. It certainly makes for good reading with a diary with pictures. Certainly keeps us wannabe soon to be truck drivers the thought of what we are working too :wink:

Cheers

seeing as you all like pics heres a couple from today.
the view for a long 3 hours

and two pics before it had a scrub

Cracking snaps. :grimacing: :grimacing: and if you have views like that for 3 hours it’s a good idea to catch up on sleep

Keep up the good work :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers

I bet those bloody Stobbies got tipped before you did :smiling_imp:

Great stuff matey, I’m doing my mod 4 next Wednesday. I can’t wait to be getting out there on the road.

Do you know if they have any depots in South wales I could try? The type of work your doing is what I would idealy like days with a few nights out now and then.

By the way the more pictures the better :smiley:

The Sarge:
I bet those bloody Stobbies got tipped before you did :smiling_imp:

funnily enough I managed to beat the stobart ‘elite’ and got there 10 minutes earlier than schedured :laughing: but they did get away before me cuz they only had 26 pallets unlike my 10000 cardboard boxes

LR18-8:
Great stuff matey, I’m doing my mod 4 next Wednesday. I can’t wait to be getting out there on the road.

Do you know if they have any depots in South wales I could try? The type of work your doing is what I would idealy like days with a few nights out now and then.

By the way the more pictures the better :smiley:

Roadways don’t have any depots in wales, maritime have a depot in bristol I think thats the closest you’ll get.
This work is ideal for newbies like myself as its a steady job with plenty of time to rest.

congrats pal always good to hear of new lads gettin a chance i start my first class 1 in a week runnin for stobarts out of trafford park on nights lookin forward to it b a change from emptying 26t rigids all around city centres all day