Mod 4 CPC test in the morning....PASSED

Have my mod 4 test tommorow at 1030. Not feeling to nervous just hoping my mind doesnt go blank when he asks me the questions.

Hope I pass though as I have a job interview straight after it if all goes well.

Vehicle checks - work your way around the vehicle in a logical order, top, middle, bottom, for each area of the vehicle front to back, and KEEP TALKING! The test only lasts 30 minutes, but my mouth was dry as the Sahara by the end of it!

Good luck :smiley:

Thanks mate, when I went over the questions with my trainer I was going through them to quick got them right but he said need to slow down abit and he told me that you have to think of the instructor as someone that has never been around a truck.

Just going to take my time, think before I start my answer I am excited as a kid at Christmas and if I do pass will be buying Kev my instructor a bacon sandwich.

Walk round check. You will score 2 points for every item correctly demonstrated.

Most examiners round the score up ie 7 correct will equal 15 points (the minimum)

5 from the inside -1. Horn - 2.Tacho/speedo - 3.Speed Limiter - 4.Brakes (move forward slowly and just stop) - 5.Mirrors

3 from inside & out - 1.Wipers / washers - 2.Exhaust (visual check of exhaust from outside and check for excess smoke while revving engine - 3.Lights (turn on from inside then walk round vehicle to check

2 from the outside - 1.Number plates / reflectors - 2.Tyres/whell nuts / spray suppression (mudflaps0

Good luck

Good luck mate :smiley:

I’m sure you’ll sail through I done mine last week and it aint bad at all youve just got to remember the key words they are looking for that should of all been given to you in training. Good luck

good luck brummie enjoy ur bacon buttie u will defo be the one buying :wink: jx

so how did it go in the end :question: :question: :question:

Sorry took so long to reply been one mad mad day, well I passed my mod 4 got 100% and have an assessment on Monday about a job. I am extremely happy also had a phone call about a possible job on nights starting mid August.

Happy days and my girlfriend got the job as a trainee teachers assistant so all in all things seam to be turning for the better.

Thank you to everyone that has wished me luck and helped me along the way and I am sure there will be many more questions to come.

For now though I am going to enjoy a couple of beers and the next few days with the family before I start work again (well hopefully) :smiley:

congratulations :smiley: feels good don’t it! sounds like its going good on the driving front as well, keep us updated with how that goes. I really can’t wait til I’m in your position,done all my theorys and cpc just the driving side to get through now.

Thanks ROG

And yes harlow it feels really good I cant wait to put it all to use now. The company I have an assessment with are going to start me on 7.5 to start off with and then depending how it goes hopefully stepping up to class c but will see what happens on Monday sorry dont want to give any details just yet for purely selfish reasons :wink:

Congrats on passing mate :smiley: Good luck with the assessment

100% Well done Macca :smiley: :smiley:

total madness:

Thanks Mate, you still working hard?

Big Brummie Macca:

total madness:

Sure am, went to glasgow on monday evening in a 7.5t m.a.n to drop off 2 pallets and just got back and im off now until monday so im well happy thanks mate,
Got an interview tomorrow for a permanent class 2 job cos the job im doing now is basicly courier work so i have to drive the vans sometimes which to be honest annoys the hell out of me but im in it for the experience and beggers cant be choosers and all that! :smiley:

Did you really act on the cpc test?? like touching everything and really over express things?
I did and i felt like a right ■■■■ but got a pass :smiley: Not quite the perfect score like yourself tho!

I been telling everyone your the cpc god so expect a few questions :laughing:
Seriously well done tho mate getting the perfect score but then i know you been working hard to get it!
See ya on the road soon Macca, I take 2 sugars! (standard tea)

total madness:

Big Brummie Macca:

total madness:

Sure am, went to glasgow on monday evening in a 7.5t m.a.n to drop off 2 pallets and just got back and im off now until monday so im well happy thanks mate,
Got an interview tomorrow for a permanent class 2 job cos the job im doing now is basicly courier work so i have to drive the vans sometimes which to be honest annoys the hell out of me but im in it for the experience and beggers cant be choosers and all that! :smiley:

Did you really act on the cpc test?? like touching everything and really over express things?
I did and i felt like a right [zb] but got a pass :smiley: Not quite the perfect score like yourself tho!

I been telling everyone your the cpc god so expect a few questions :laughing:
Seriously well done tho mate getting the perfect score but then i know you been working hard to get it!
See ya on the road soon Macca, I take 2 sugars! (standard tea)

I hope I get around like that again, just have to get used to that it takes a bit longer to get places. Like you say mate it is all experience, although I would love someone to take me on as a class c driver but you got to take whatever is on offer to be honest just to be back in work will make me a very happy chappy.

Act I got a bloody oscar as well as a certificate :wink: the instructor told me to calm down as he was worried I would bang my head under the truck, made sure I checked everywhere you could possibly check on the border crossing question. I got to the yard an hour early so I could sit down with a coffee and read through the combinations over and over again to be honest there is only really 8 questions to learn they are just worded differently on different combinations.

The only advice I could give mate is what you lot gave me act it out, tell them everything you are doing, take your time walk round the truck slowly to make sure you dont forget anything. Think before you answer just for 10 seconds try to remember the four points they are after.

Thanks mate and 2 sugers it will be, Good Luck for the interview hope it goes well let me know tomorrow mate :slight_smile:

Very good advise Macca and good man for writing it down to give people a better understanding, Its simple if you know what your doing :smiley:
Ill let you know how the interview goes this afternoon :smiley:

Congratulations on passing and good luck on mon for assesment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: jx

Jennie:
Congratulations on passing and good luck on mon for assesment :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: jx

You cant asses a cpc god, just worship him!!! Were not worthy! :laughing: :laughing: :smiley: