CPC MOD 4

Hello all. I have my mod 4 in two days. For study ive watched the cpc video from Surrey or what not when he covers possible questions. Also have 1-2 hours training with my school tomorrow evening. Does anyone know if there is any other study material I should look at or place where I can find possible questions etc. Thanks :smiley:

Once piece of advice I was given before I did my test. If you come back with clean hands, you haven’t passed. Didn’t your training school give you any material?

No not as yet. I hope they will tomorrow. Mind ypu I have been very happy with their easy going approach to cpc. They just told me tomorrow afternoon 1 to 3 hours learning should do it. Yeah ive heard not to treat it as show me tell me. Its show me and actually touch the bloody things. I think get your hands dirty is best advice yet lol :smiley:

Very unhappy I mean

To be honest, 3 hours is enough really. You can’t really fail it unless you just sit in the cab and do nothing. When he asks you stuff about the daily checks, walk yourself through. Walk around the truck actually checking the lights, put your hands on the tires, feel the tread etc. Just imagine that the exaimer isn’t there and this is the morning checks you need to do before you start work. He will ask you things about checking your load and how to secure it. You will have to demonstrate to him that you can use one of the four securing devices. I’d stay away from the rope unless you can do dolly knots. I think he asked me where I would position half a ton of paper on pallets. I told him that I’d put it up against the bulkhead and I’d use ratchet straps to secure it. I then had to demonstrate how I would secure it using said ratchet.

They will prompt you if you get struck. If he asks you about walk around checks and you miss the tires for example, he will normally do something near them like kick them or scratch the floor next to them. They can’t actually tell you want to do but they can drop hints.

Yey just an update radar. Passed cpc today. 95% had nothing to worry about and my hands were very dirt at end lol. Thanks again for the advice. Got me in the zone.

ScubaSteve:
Yey just an update radar. Passed cpc today. 95% had nothing to worry about and my hands were very dirt at end lol. Thanks again for the advice. Got me in the zone.

Nicely done!