Mod 4 CPC Passed.

Chuffed to bits - passed Mod 4 today with a mark of 100 out of 100. This is in no small way thanks to the great assistance, advice and encouragement provided by the team at Peter Smythe Transport Training - well worth the 100 mile round trip even with today’s petrol prices. Totally understand that we have great trainers located all around the country! But credit where credit is due and all that! :smiley: :smiley:

Congratulations - and thanks for the kind comments. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Congrats buddy!

hi gavt and congrats on you,re pass, im studyn at home for my mod 4 at the minute, how did you find test?? and have you any tips as i have mine coming up soon, any advice much apprecated :wink:

Thanks Everyone :smiley:

davy1111:
hi gavt and congrats on you,re pass, im studyn at home for my mod 4 at the minute, how did you find test?? and have you any tips as i have mine coming up soon, any advice much apprecated :wink:

Hi Mate, i was quite nervous leading up to today but was put at ease by the training i recieved. Are you having some training prior to your test?
The one piece of advice which i found really helpful was just to take it all really slowly and give yourself time to think. For all the checks just work out a system in your head where you scan everything. I did the exterior checks by starting at the bottom of the truck and working up whilst dividing it into sections and that way i was able to ensure i didn’t miss anything.
Examiner was great and gave me chance to think if i had missed anything out. Its all there for you to work with mate. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :slight_smile:

hi gavt, my trainer sent me my questions and answers out by post as well as fire extinguisher diagrams, he said he would ring me when he has date for my test, then before test think he going to run over it with me, i find there is loads of answers in some of the questions, did you get question about what restraining device you would use?

davy1111:
hi gavt, my trainer sent me my questions and answers out by post as well as fire extinguisher diagrams, he said he would ring me when he has date for my test, then before test think he going to run over it with me, i find there is loads of answers in some of the questions, did you get question about what restraining device you would use?

I had a good look through the sheet from Flair which had all the q’s on it. To be honest mate it was the 2.5 hours i spent with Nick from Smythes which really helped me out as he knew the score and what the examiners would look for and gave me some really good pointers. Another big point to remember is that this is a practical demonstration exam - show that examiner that you are not afraid to get your hands dirty of a bit of muck on your trousers.
He did ask me where i would position a half load of steel plates and how i would ensure the vehicle was evenly loaded - i explained and then said i would use the steel chains to secure the load - he did not ask for a demonstration on the trolly but i was well prepared for this all thanks to the training again. :slight_smile: