Driver Training

Hi all

Please can someone help or advise?
I’ve just passed my theory test for LGV driving (rigids) but I can’t find a school in my local area East Sussex to take me on until late May? (Strikes and backlogs or something at the test centres! …(

Local schools are also pretty expensive!!
I was made redundant about 4 months back so I’m doing this as a new vocation.

Does anyone know of a school with reasonable rates who accommodates learners. I shouldn’t need more than a week hopefully and I think it would be fun to go up north or even Wales?

Any ideas or advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Regards
Paul :slight_smile:

This thread may be of help to you if you are thinking of traveling to do your training!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=58

I can’t recomend any trainers but it may be worth you while looking here for a area to train in

Best of luck and keep us informed

Tallow:
Hi all

Please can someone help or advise?
I’ve just passed my theory test for LGV driving (rigids) but I can’t find a school in my local area East Sussex to take me on until late May? (Strikes and backlogs or something at the test centres! …(

Local schools are also pretty expensive!!
I was made redundant about 4 months back so I’m doing this as a new vocation.

Does anyone know of a school with reasonable rates who accommodates learners. I shouldn’t need more than a week hopefully and I think it would be fun to go up north or even Wales?

Any ideas or advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Regards
Paul :slight_smile:

Peter Smythe Transport training, they are located in Shirebrook near Mansfield in Nottinghamshire, Excellent bloke & he wont rip you off.
Sorry but I havent got his phone number any more (put the name in a google search to get his number).
I took my class 2 with them years ago & it cost me less than £400 including test fee (if you can already handle it he wont give you any more lessons than you need whereas most other training places wont do less than 5 days / £1000) Give him a call

Peter Smythe Transport Training
Intake Business Centre
Kirkland Avenue
Mansfield
Nottinghamshire
NG18 5QP
Tel: 01623 620062

I did mine here and they booked me in very quick.
lorrytraining.co.uk/

Hi Tallow and welcome to TruckNetUK.

I’ve recently started a LGV driving school and as far as price and value for money is concerned I think you will find it very difficult to beat. £400 for around 52 hours of one to one training.

STS (training) are based in the Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

The training is a little out of the ordinary and quite unique in that you won’t just be prepared up to test standard but you will also be given a good foundation in many other areas of the road haulage industry.

Take a look at the website and see what you think. Any questions just shout. Have a look at this thread to get an idea of the type of training.
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2154

You could try a search using : www.yell.co.uk

Hi Tallow,

have you had any joy gettin lessons yet mate? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: