Advice On Driving Schools

I was just wanting people’s advice, I am situated in South Yorkshire and have passed my theory and hazard, therefore knocking off module 1, module 2 I have booked for Thursday. I know there is a topic pinned at the top, but I was wanting people’s opinions on the driving school’s near me, I don’t mind travelling for the right/reputable company.

There’s a few ways of choosing your training provider.

There is the Recommended Schools sticky on this forum.

Word of mouth.

DSA Accreditation

Personal visits/assessments

Price

Everyone has their own view on this and clearly, I’m more than a little biased! But hopefully you’ll get some good advice very soon.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Neilp
I note that you are in South Yorkshire- try Peter Smythe Transport training as they are based near Mansfield (Notts) not far from you.They have the DSA in the training centre itself with the reversing area on site as well, all the truck are new (no old bangers!),Free Assessment drive and are very friendly nothing is too much trouble.They also offer residential as well at no extra cost.
If you want any further info please do send me a PM

jimuk:
Neilp
I note that you are in South Yorkshire- try Peter Smythe Transport training as they are based near Mansfield (Notts) not far from you.They have the DSA in the training centre itself with the reversing area on site as well, all the truck are new (no old bangers!),Free Assessment drive and are very friendly nothing is too much trouble.They also offer residential as well at no extra cost.
If you want any further info please do send me a PM

Or even pm the bloke whose post is directly above yours :smiley: :wink:

This is the government website that lists DSA Accredited LGV Training Centres. dft.gov.uk/fyn/lgv.php

Note that this is NOT the same as having a driving test centre.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Another vote for Peter Smythe. Their trainers are awesome plus their trucks aside from the artic are brand new. The Iveco I did my test in only had 2000Km on it!

+1 for Peter Smythe

You may also consider:

Try and find reviews on potential training providers.

Find out their pass rates

Have a assessment and meet your potential instructor ( you must be compatible and like him/her) also gives you the chance to see if your comfortable with their training truck.

Finally DO NOT part with any money until you’ve done the above.

Paul :smiley: