Interview question

Would you wear suit and tie if you’re going for a driver’s job interview and assessment?

No smart but causal and clean.
Also take a hi viz , gloves , boots and all your cards ( digi, dpc and DL )
As you may have to do an assessment as well and you don’t want to get 5th wheel or ratchet grease on a suit

Sent from my truck

Yup, clean clothes suitable for doing the job you applying for, so the bod can see how you would present yourself to their customers.

Wouldn’t recommend jeans either, but Dickies work trousers or similar would work fine. Personally I would also wear the boots and hi-vis as a lot of yards have that as a requirement to enter the site.

You’re not going for an office job and you don’t want to give the impression that you’re a soft office type who’ll bail at the first sign of hard work.

Don’t buy expensive gloves as they’ll get destroyed. You can buy orange ones in many hardware shops (better than nitrile) as they are basically disposable.

trevHCS:
Wouldn’t recommend jeans either, but Dickies work trousers or similar would work fine. Personally I would also wear the boots and hi-vis as a lot of yards have that as a requirement to enter the site.

You’re not going for an office job and you don’t want to give the impression that you’re a soft office type who’ll bail at the first sign of hard work.

Don’t buy expensive gloves as they’ll get destroyed. You can buy orange ones in many hardware shops (better than nitrile) as they are basically disposable.

I wouldn’t work for a company who do not supply work gloves. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a Class 2 interview yesterday. When I spoke to the interviewer on the phone on Monday (the M.D) I just asked what dress code was required. Smart casual was the answer as driving as assessment was not required. Jumper, trousers, smart boots. Got the job btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations on the pass. All the best with the new job. Pete S :laughing: :laughing: