Interview attire.

It’s been a while since I’ve had a proper interview for a job.

I’ve got an interview tomorrow with a driving assessment and haven’t a clue what to wear. I can’t wear a suit because I need my high vis and work boots on…

Seems strange to me to go for a job paying 35-40k and not wearing a suit.

Smart casual and also if class 1 something you don’t mind getting grease on

Clean work clothes. You are going for a job as a truck driver, not an accountant or banker, nobody wears a suit for an interview to drive a truck.

If the job is Transport Manager or something, wear a suit, it aint it’s a driving job, clean jeans, shirt, or even a polo,.and shoes not trainers.
Take a pair of safety boots a hi viz your licence, references and your digi card… sorted, and good luck.

blue estate:

Thats what I was thinking, Shirt, tie, v-neck jumper… Do I win a prize for this being the gayest thread on here?

Kempie:

blue estate:

Thats what I was thinking, Shirt, tie, v-neck jumper… Do I win a prize for this being the gayest thread on here?

No, no no, don’t go dressed as Alan Partridge ffs. :unamused:
:laughing:

Kempie:

blue estate:

You don’t need to wear a tie. It won’t impress the interviewer, in fact he/she will think you are a bit of a ■■■■.

And yes.

robroy:
If the job is Transport Manager or something, wear a suit, it aint it’s a driving job, clean jeans, shirt, or even a polo,.and shoes not trainers.
Take a pair of safety boots a hi viz your licence, references and your digi card… sorted, and good luck.

And your DCPC card too!

And no you don’t get to be starting the gayest thread on here, have a look at the ‘‘Feeling old today’’ thread, that is an eye opener…one member on here (who will remain nameless) tried to introduce me to ■■■■■■…Verbally not practically I hasten to add here ! :smiley:

I find spats are indispensable.

Don’t just wear this :open_mouth:

thong.jpg

blue estate:
Don’t just wear this :open_mouth:

I quite enjoy wearing women’s underwear but the problem I have with it is that a lot of it seems to have been designed for people who don’t have testicles. :wink:

Turn up in G Star jeans, a Henri Lloyd t-shirt and a Rockport beanie hat.

Tell them that you are only there because the job centre threatened you with sanctions if you didn’t turn up. Guaranteed job offer :grimacing:

Shorts (black), trainers (black not white) and camoT shirt…plus the main thing, digi card…

Flip flops, shell suit and a bum bag for your Digi, DCPC and license cards :sunglasses:

tango boy:
Flip flops, shell suit and a bum bag for your Digi, DCPC and license cards :sunglasses:
[/quote

[www.escapade.co.uk/adult-costumes/retro … H8aAiYBEAL]
(80s Fashion Shell Suit – Escapade)

I turned up in a shirt/tie/trouser combo. May have looked a turnip but I got the job lol

Checked shirt, thick gold chain, boot cut jeans and shiny dealer boots should do the trick I reckon…

Also tell them you only drive V8 Scania and nothing else lol

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

If you attended a job interview dressed as Lord Percy (from Blackadder)…complete with the pointiest of pointy shoes
(curled up at the end)…I’m sure that most Firms nowadays, would be falling over themselves to offer you the role of
Senior Transport Manager…or even a seat in the Boardroom!

…Such is the warped sense of what “makes someone appear to be intelligent and competent” …in this day and age!

hammertothefloor:
Checked shirt, thick gold chain, boot cut jeans and shiny dealer boots should do the trick I reckon…

Also tell them you only drive V8 Scania and nothing else lol

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Minus the chain that’s exactly what I do. :laughing:

Mind you it’s not really interviews, more just a chat to see when I can leave and what the pays like.

For a proper interview I’d be wearing clean, smart work clothes. Such as jeans, boots, check shirt… :laughing:

A.