Interview

Have had my cat c for a couple of months now and finally got my first interview this week for class 2 job. Haven`t been to a job interview for years. What can I expect in the way of questions? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

just turn up professional and smart. none of the questions should make you stumble, they may ask what knowledge you have about the job, if they know you’ve just passed, they wont expect you to know it all, but try to learn as much as you can about drivers hours and working time regs. at least get the basics down, they should help you out with the rest.

Hi, thanks for the info. When you say smart, how smart? Shirt and tie or a bit more casual smart.

Be good to find out if the interview includes an assessment drive? It could be very likely if you haven’t got any experience under your belt. If so you need to wear or at least have driving gear with you (Safety boots etc)

Didnt think to take my boots with me, pity theyre falling apart and covered in crap. He didnt mention any assessment drive over the phone but Ill take them anyway. :slight_smile:

shirt and tie never hurt anyone. doesnt have to be special, just a white shirt and a tie. take hi vis waist coat and safety boots too. if youve got them, take some gloves, they might want you to couple up and do safety checks.

basically, if you look smart and come prepared, they will be impressed.