New Pass CE weekend work only - pipe-dream?

Hi All,

Just seeking some advice from seasoned pros on here. Passed my class 1 last week, class 2 held for about a year but no commercial work, just using it helping out on brother-in-laws farm. I have a semi-full time job already and not looking for a career change just yet, but would quite like to class 1 on the weekends, bank holidays etc. I’m based near Newcastle, and find the agencies and work prospects difficult compared to other parts of the country.

My question (sorry for the long intro), is whether me wanting to work just on weekends doing class 1 being a complete newbie is just a pipe-dream and I should not waste my time trying? I accept that I’m not too attractive to companies as I’m not flexible for shifts and have no experience.

Appreciate any guidance people can give.
Thanks
Shakeyj.

As long as you remember to take the correct weekly rest periods then it should be possible legally

If weekends are all your after AND you can legally comply with the driver hours with your other work then I’d suggest you literally register with as many agencies as you can within your preferred travel radius and then as as weekend approaches literally pester them to death for work.

That’s what I did when I was after similar and eventually got a few shifts off them.

Now don’t expect the best shifts but your in the realm of wanting experience so be prepared to take some poor ones BUT don’t just take the completely crap ones!!

And definitely get the rates beforehand and see if your prepared to work for that. You’d be surprised when they need someone urgently how you can eek a little extra out of them

Basically you need to be an agency stalker pmsl and get time under your belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey

Thanks for the advice, tried a few agencies, but not the pestering. Will try that next!
Cheers

I changed thread title because LGV C1 is a 7.5 tonner and you passed CE :smiley:

ROG:
I changed thread title because LGV C1 is a 7.5 tonner and you passed CE :smiley:

Ha thanks, well spotted! :wink: