Class 2 recently passed No experience no job work wanted,

I have recently passed my class 2 and want to work but cant get work due to having no experience,I am more than willing to do any shift and any job as long as its permanent, days/nights/weekends, I am 35 with clean licence and I live in the oldham area and prepared to travel (but obviously not 100 mile to work)
:–)
Can anyone help !!!

Cheers
198CHRISTIAN.

. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome 198CHRISTIAN :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

198CHRISTIAN:
recently passed my class 2

:smiley: :smiley:

Getting CE usually increases your options…
All the LGV TRAINING TIPS for CE ARTIC, including the Recommended LGV training schools that have been recommended by members, can be accessed by clicking on the link in my signature at the bottom of this post.

198CHRISTIAN:
cant get work due to having no experience

JOB HUNTING :question: - A read of THIS POST may be useful - also CV & Interview tips
First year experience as a newbie after passing CE (with pics)

Forum with some useful stuff and Forum for questions on drivers hours

Cheers, I would do but the wife would kill me, I just spent 900 doing class 2 so I need to keep her sweet before I spend anymore,
Grew up around waggons and transport so its not like I cant drive them confidently only needed 12 hours training, I am bored with my 9-5 job for the past 13 years,
Just cant get that break to prove myself,

198CHRISTIAN:
I am bored with my 9-5 job for the past 13 years

At least you have a job for a steady income

You could try signing on at every agency possible amd tell them that you can drive under EU regs for one day every other weekend :bulb: (that’s usually the max allowed if you have a regular mon to fri job)

I know I am quite fortunate to have the steady income, But we are on the verge of going bump,
I have registered with 3 agencies and each 1 says you may not get much work,Due to being in-experienced so am afraid its back to square1 its so frustrating !!!

Please don’t take this as me having a ‘pop’ but did you research the jobs market opportunities for LGV newbies in your area before committing ?

No its ok I dont see it as a “pop” at all, I did do my homework 1st but needed it as a fall back because of my job that I might be losing, I have trafford park and Steakhill ind estates and plenty of companies nearby, so I will just keep looking and going to offices asking,
I will threaten them with the wifes cooking if I have no luck !!! ha ha so glad she wont read this ■■?

198CHRISTIAN:
I will threaten them with the wifes cooking if I have no luck !!! ha ha so glad she wont read this ■■?

They always find out !!

Hi 198CHRISTIAN,

This is a very good idea mate, so I’d say that it’s well worth your while to have a look at it: :wink:

ROG:
You could try signing on at every agency possible amd tell them that you can drive under EU regs for one day every other weekend (that’s usually the max allowed if you have a regular mon to fri job)

It will give you that all-important experience, and your face (and reliability) will become known.

Then, if you find yourself out of work from your normal job, you won’t struggle quite so much. :wink:

Good luck mate. :smiley:

Hi Diesel Dave,
Yeah I will just hassle n hound them ha, Until they get thoroughly fed up of me,
Sent 8cv’s out 2 week ago and not a reply yet :–) ,

I got stuck with the no experience trap, but I was 21 when I did my Class 2 so also had the “young driver” tarred brush. I applied for any and every job that didn’t have a “must be 25+” in the description. Most said no, a few took my cv but one company offered me an interview. Went along naturally hoping to be taken on and the TM was down to earth and understood that there are newbies out there who want a break.

Heard nothing from them after a couple of days so rang them to be told that they hadn’t decided yet and I would hear, I didn’t so gave them another quick ring to be told the same. I gave up and accepted that I’d not been successful, 6 weeks or so later a phone call offering me a 2nd interview. I went and within 15 mins I was offered the job.

It’s annoying and makes you want to give up trying but stick at it and something will appear. Try cold calling local companies as well that you think might be good, even if they’re not taking on give them a copy of your cv. NEVER email your cv, it shows laziness and is easy to ignore compared to a phone call.

Don’t be afraid to admit you’re a newbie, it’s better to be honest from the start or it’ll catch you out at some point. If you’ve lied about you’re experience and they found out, they’ll wonder what else you’ve lied about too (or thats the way I work). If they’re a decent company then they will atleast give you a chance. My employer often me a run on the artic 3 days after getting my CE but I was short on time so I took it the week after instead so they’re definately companies and TMs out there that understand and will give a newbie a chance.

Hopefully this helps you abit
Mark.

join the long que of drivers i pass a few mth back been round all companies with in 50 or so mile more than once still nothing been registered with a number of agencies still no drivin as very little class C experience have plenty upto 7.5 as worked with in the industry for last 15 yrs or so

but have spent nearly the last 3 yrs on the sick

did go to 1 agency they asked if i wanted to work in a warehouse took that job but finished on fri but do start on mon drivin an ambulance

not really what i want but need to work as you have a job sit with licence for 2 yrs then try

i also have a clean licence & 40+

hold a full ADR & FLT ( counterbalance )

Yeah I have been totally honest with each company I have approached,
Because lets face it , IF I was trusting someone with my vehicle I would like to know how good they are,
Knowing my luck I would probably get done for harrasment and then get the job,ha ha !!

You’re going to have to send morethan 8 C.V.'s out,ten times that ,maybe thirty times that.Expect a 10% reply rate.

Thats what I am doing next phoning all the local firms, but weekend slowed it down, I think im just impatient,

Don’t phone them up, go down in person (it’s harder to ignore you then) with cv in hand, ready to go out there and then if needs be…

Good luck.

Oh I have been doing that as well, But with working through the week I have to do it Fridays when I finish at 1pm, :–)

They say patience is a virtue,
But I havent got time to believe that ha ;–)

Well just a quick update,

Nobody wants a newbie, ?
But I wont let it put me off I am going to keep hassling,
As I soon wont have job as business is very bad, 14 years of loyal service as well , Boo Hooooo
;–)