Class 2 recently passed No experience no job work wanted,

go to an agency i did ok so started in a warehouse then some drivin

but now doin class C work out of the fruit marked ok start early but do finnish early

I registered 3 week ago for weekends but still struggling cos im new,
I would love early starts I start 8am at the moment and it feels like the middle of the day :–)

that is poss the prob then as you only want weekends hve you called them every day :question: to see if they have anything for you :question:

btw i start at 03.15 atm

Oh I would love that start time, I dont need much sleep so i start stirring 4am onwards anyway,
I can only work weekends because I work full time through the week I work 8am til 430pm,
Then 8 til 1pm on fridays so I will work whenever possible if somebody will give me the chance, !!
I am not scared of hard work,

198CHRISTIAN:
I can only work weekends because I work full time through the week I work 8am til 430pm,
Then 8 til 1pm on fridays so I will work whenever possible …

Every other week you could do
1pm to 11 pm on Friday and then 8am to 11pm Saturday - that’s just one example - there are many more …

Remember that if coming under EU regs for two weeks in a row then one of those weeks must show a full 45 hours of weekly rest
24 hours of weekly rest must be shown in any week that is worked when the driver comes under EU regs…

A WEEK is Monday 0000 to Sunday 2400

In any WEEK where a driver comes under EU regs then this is what MUST be done for each of the other days worked in the other job

A manual input into a digitacho or a seperate record for each day on digi printouts or analogue cards

Each input must have your name,date, start & finish times for that day

This is so the authorities can see that the correct rest has been taken

After 28 days any seperate printouts or analogue cards with just the info from your other job on them can be binned as the operators of any vehicle driven under the regs only require the info from the digi or analogue cards used in their vehicle

If no EU regs driving was done in any WEEK then no other records need be done

I think I said all that correctly - if not, I’m sure someone will correct it :smiley:

It looks correct to me,
Those are the hours I intend on working if someone is willing to take me on,
Sent 15cv’s out now and like I expected I have only had 1 reply but at least the acknowledgment is very much appreciated,

Well that was a surprise just had a phone call for a driving assessment next Tuesday, Not had interview though apparently I have skipped stage 1 and gone to stage 2, Fingers crossed,

198CHRISTIAN:
Well that was a surprise just had a phone call for a driving assessment next Tuesday, Not had interview though apparently I have skipped stage 1 and gone to stage 2, Fingers crossed,

Good luck mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you, Its with a well known food company with 4 numbers in the name and white vehicles, They said can I come down, and show them what I’ve got ? No pressure then, However my biggest dilemma is do I go shirt n tie,Bearing in mind its an assessment, Or smart casual,
Ha ha dont want to look a t-t now do I ■■?

198CHRISTIAN:
However my biggest dilemma is do I go shirt n tie,Bearing in mind its an assessment, Or smart casual,

We had a debate on this some time ago and the majority came out in favour of smart casual

My Mate who works for them says I should wear a mankini mmm - don’t think so !!!

3663, enjoy :wink: :grimacing:

My mate who works for the firm I am trialling with tomorrow suggested
a mankin is this not sutiable ha ha ha ■■?

Its very very difficult to get any class 2 or class 1 job with out the all important being over 25 and 2 years experience, im now 25 passed class 2 when was 21 was a bit different with jobs then like a lot more around :stuck_out_tongue: but the week after i passed rang 50+ companies same story (experience and age) very annoying then decided to look further afield, first job i found down south (maidstone) for brakes rang them explained just passed and age he said come down for interview, so i did the next day not knowing what id do if i got offered it, anyway at interview he offered me the job and £27k salary multidrop i was like yes please and said if i can find digs, so i stayed in a ■■■■■■ B&B for 4 weeks and eventually got a place to rent.

Basically if they know you are willing to make a sacrifice they will give you a shot, not as easy anymore i agree but you just gotta keep hunting. Now had severall other class 2 jobs since down south and up north and got bored of that.

So did class 1 over 2 years ago same thing happend no experience no job you just dont know what to do i had 3 months of lookin for a job eventually got into an agency driving for tesco, then moved back up north and got a job with Eddie Stobart not the best job by any means i personally hate working there as the wage is not enough but its a steady perminant job at the end of the day.

Assessment went ok , I Think, so should know in 48 hours if I have got it , Im not scared of hard work , Just want to work ,

Fingers crossed for that call back good luck jennie x

Thank you very much,Love the teabag comment ha ha :–)

Update,
I recieved a letter this morning telling me I wasnt successful this time,
Due to the high calibre of aplicants that were interviewed,
Roughly translated,
Do you reall think we will give you a new wagon to play with after only passing youre test 6 week ago, ha ha ha

I wont let it bother me I didnt think I would get the job due to inexperience anyway,

More cv’s printing off as we speak :–)

Thats the attitude dont let it get you down keep plugging away and you will find something dont get upset at knockbacks or lack of progress it will come chin up :wink: jenniex

I wont get upset, I know I will get something sooner the better , Start my agency work next weekend now that my digi card is finally ready, :–)